Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

rfbrazell 11-29-2013 05:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Wannabequilter,
Here are the pics of the other Santas.
All the best
Roberto

rfbrazell 11-29-2013 05:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Wannabe,
Here are a few more.
R

bibliostone 11-30-2013 12:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
As always, beautiful Santas Robert.

Here are the blocks I exchanged with my Nov. partner quiltingeileen.

Depression block received:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]449190[/ATTACH]

Blocks I sent to quiltingeileen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]449191[/ATTACH]

and

[ATTACH=CONFIG]449192[/ATTACH]

chickadeee55 11-30-2013 03:24 AM

Roberto, I love love the Santas, I too am a fan of machine embroidery (which I am assuming that is - if it is hand - wow). But if it is machine embroidery, I have always had a problem using the glitter threads in my machine - any helpful hints you might like to share.
They are beautiful and the colors are perfect.

Elisabrat 11-30-2013 05:25 AM

I hear those metallic threads can be a bear to work with.. great job Roberto! love your Santas. I am all for the old world santa's with the long gowns. I grew up here but mom always had the old fashioned ones from Europe I was so surprised to see Santa in a short coat at the mall when I was little. Mom said it was too warm when he visit here.. lol for him to wear a long winter coat. It made sense to me but he will always have a flowing long coat in my minds eye.

I can't wait for next months partners! I am shooting for one more Christmas month and I will be able to start sashing my blocks for next years holiday quilt. I am mentally get this on Valentines Day right now when it comes to sewing. I think I need to be two holidays a head in my mind or things wont be done on time .. or I need to learn to pick up the pace a bit lol so I can just whip things up.. so far its working this two holidays a head thing for me.. maybe I don't have to be a speed demon after all :)

rfbrazell 11-30-2013 10:31 AM

Forget the Santas, Those fall blocks are INCREDIBLE....LOVE THEM.
R

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 6430645)
As always, beautiful Santas Robert.

Here are the blocks I exchanged with my Nov. partner quiltingeileen.

Depression block received:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]449190[/ATTACH]

Blocks I sent to quiltingeileen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]449191[/ATTACH]

and

[ATTACH=CONFIG]449192[/ATTACH]

rfbrazell 11-30-2013 10:34 AM

I got myself one of those tall thread holder that pulls the thread vertical and I slow down the speed some. I use to have horrible time with metallic too, but since them it is working great. Also make sure you use a metallic needle too. I have found out that Marathon Threads doesn't shred like others and they have a Fabulouso irredescent thread that is out of this world. I use it on a lot of the santas.
Hope this helps.
R

rfbrazell 11-30-2013 10:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Juanita,
Here are your butterflies in Purple and Pinks. I didn't Iron them since they are going in the mail.
My camera doesn't take great pics, the colors are very vibrant.
Roberto

Janice McC 11-30-2013 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Below are the blocks I made for wanabquilter. I believe she isn't able to take pix right now so I'm posting them for her:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]449353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]449354[/ATTACH]
Her block for me is on the way. Can't wait!

JuanitaBean 11-30-2013 04:32 PM

Roberto Love them. I'm working on your today. All your blocks are great.