Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Janice McC 12-03-2013 10:27 AM

Wanabquilter...They are wonderful! I sent you a PM. Thanks for swapping with me!

Originally Posted by wanabquilter (Post 6435509)
My December swap partner is "Mainewoods Mammy" I sent her a PM. Janice I hope the blocks were alright with enough contract in the colors.

Elisabrat 12-03-2013 05:41 PM

ok look at the smiley face on the menu for typing. now go four to the right of that its a tiny tree in a picture frame that is how you add pictures from your hard drive :)

I am not worried if I receive a a block it will be a nice thing OKsewnsew :) and also I have finished my two! yahoooooo! take your time partner of mine a craft sales person! I have done that sure whips the heck out of your tail doesn't it? for those of you who have done it you know.. all the rush rush sew til your fingers fall off smile smile smile sell everything you possibly can its a lot of work for such a small profit. But.. there is a small rush to the whole thing isn't there? like someone saying yeah you do good stuff :) I simply find my energy level is no where near what is required. Your a rock star partner. I wish you a zillion sales!

moonwork42029 12-04-2013 05:19 AM

Have heard from my December partner Roe

We have each other's info so we should be in good shape :)

Sauki1 12-04-2013 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6437258)

yahoooooo! take your time partner of mine a craft sales person! I have done that sure whips the heck out of your tail doesn't it? for those of you who have done it you know.. all the rush rush sew til your fingers fall off smile smile smile sell everything you possibly can its a lot of work for such a small profit. But.. there is a small rush to the whole thing isn't there? like someone saying yeah you do good stuff :) I simply find my energy level is no where near what is required. Your a rock star partner. I wish you a zillion sales!

Thanks Brat, I hope to do as well as last year. This one isn't too bad but your right, sometimes they do make you feel that way. I'll let you know how I do this weekend :)

dotcomdtcm 12-04-2013 03:04 PM

Bom

1 Attachment(s)
For the new members- Here is my lovely Christmas Star Quilt made from this swap. Made in 2011, I think.
Oldtimers- Do you see your block. Cheers, Dotty

dotcomdtcm 12-04-2013 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is one reason why we call our buddy rfbrazell "Fabuloso".

JuneBillie 12-04-2013 04:46 PM

Nice blocks, wall hanging, and pillow.

Elisabrat 12-04-2013 07:08 PM

great stars! and that pillow is exactly how I could see that block you received. on my couch that is :)

Likethedog do a google search for civil war fabrics.. usually in browns, beiges, blues, darker cranberries small prints.. you are thinking the colors of the soldiers but its more what was used and worn in those years.. you will get it and then be able to determine if you have anything like it. I have a couple if you need a 1/4 I can pop you one in the mail :)

Retired Fire Chief 12-05-2013 05:44 AM

Dotty, you made a very nice frame for Robert's fabuloso work, isn't he great. Beautiful pillow.

Retired Fire Chief 12-05-2013 05:53 AM

Your quilt store should be able to show you some civil wars. They are my favorites, there are all the colors of the rainbow but they are deeper, darker colors and some lights as well, prints are small. To me the colors are so rich and they all go together but they don't look scrappy like other fabrics you would mix. Google civil war fabrics, Marcus has a bunch, AndoverFabrics.