Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

terriamn 12-16-2013 04:07 PM

I finished my 2 blocks also and one wasn't perfect even with my glasses off, tried new blocks and just couldn't get the points to line up right but the block still looks nice to me. Hope my partner is ok with it

Terriamn

Sauki1 12-16-2013 04:13 PM

Yayaya, I have some extra time to work on Brat's squares :D I'm going to be working on them tomorrow morning and hopefully mailed Wednesday
:)

Elisabrat 12-17-2013 05:07 AM

oh GOODIE! I can hardly wait! I am so excited I just cant hide it! I am singing to myself this morning that seems like a good song to sing :) its going to be a nice day for the most part but snow tonight, ugh. I can hardly wait. sigh.. no singing then, and no I wont be joining good old Bing Crosby in "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" oh heck no. That song is off my list forever now. Jolly old snow isn't so jolly when it freezes your highways and streets and you skateboard across the ice in your SUV. nope not fun. I will learn how to drive on it eventually. I just prefer not to. I am fortunate enough to have a partner who doesn't mind being my chauffer. phew. He doesn't want me wrecking the beast (suv). fine with me. CHICKEN I admit it freely. BIG CHICKEN in fact. Oh sun where are you when I need you??

Oksewnsew 12-17-2013 07:12 AM

Oh Brat - how I wish we had your snow! I should have moved to Montana or Wy many years ago, wanted to, just never had the chance! Try to enjoy it for me (just a little, please), even if you grimace while doing it..LOLO

Yesterday was a great mail day - I received 2 sets of blocks from my partners. Retired Fire Chief, I LOVE the blocks, you 'may' be a beginner, but your blocks are wonderful..very nice. Of course candies (my fav) and thread catcher are nice additions too. Thank you so much.

JuneBillie, your block is also very pretty. It is very nicely done - I love how you put the poinsettia in the center. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to transfer pics over to the computer! My son (Scott) gave me a NEW computer for Christmas, I'm still learning it..lolo It's a HP Pavillion All-in-One, boy it is nice. Of all the computers I've had, THIS is the first, very first NEW computer I've had..lolo I always manage to get the hand-me-downs.. The one I've had was over 7 yrs old, and was sooooooo slow lately, I could nap waiting for something to open or load....yawn....

I will try to post pictures this evening after son of mine gets home, he's the computer guru.. Thanks again ladies, I truly do love the blocks (and goodies). Your blocks are in the mail today. ;o)

Merry Christmas
Jean

quiltingeileen 12-17-2013 08:17 AM

Dec block received!

1 Attachment(s)
Look at the beautiful block my partner, Janice McCloskey, sent me this month! What a seamstress!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452123[/ATTACH]

Sauki1 12-17-2013 08:18 AM

Surprise, surprise Brat....it''s going out today!!! A squishy for you for Christmas :) I hope you enjoy. :)

rfbrazell 12-17-2013 01:06 PM

Love to see the blocks coming in. I got a goodie box yesterday, WOW WOW WOW, A friend from Oklahoma.....it was stuffed ful with beautiful things, an angel wall hanging, a pearl irridescence Eiffell Tower, A quilted round ornament, and lots of Love.
blocks went to Austrailia.
Roberto

Retired Fire Chief 12-18-2013 04:01 AM

Love the star block, love stars period and that one is gorgeous.

Oksewnsew, glad you like the blocks. I really enjoyed making them and I thought the fabrics were beautiful. I would love to see some of the Christmas blocks you have received, I think you are going to have a cute Christmas sampler.

frenchfryqueen 12-18-2013 06:39 AM

Today is my first day at work this week.. I have caught a nasty crudbug! Sniffly, coughing, fever, yuck, yuck, yuck. I did pull fabric for tqualley's block, so never fear! I will get it done. :)

It's truly a sad day when you are too sick to sit at a sewing machine!

Retired Fire Chief 12-18-2013 02:50 PM

Frenchfryqueen (love that name!) sorry to hear you have the crud, been there done that. The very best thing is to go to bed and stay there and drink lots of liquids. Everything else can wait because when you feel really yucky nothing goes right anyway. Get well soon.