Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Retired Fire Chief 12-21-2013 04:57 AM

Hello everyone - hope all is well and everyone is warm and comfortable. We are in the deep freeze in Mid-Michigan, but what is worse is we are covered with ice. We had about 8" of snow on the ground and then we received a misty rain that covered everything with a thick coating of ice. Getting to and from the barn is a real experience and when the dogs go with me they don't even take off running like normal. This is the second consecutive day I am leaving the horses in the barn, their snow-packed paddock is iced over and I'm so afraid of them breaking legs. So part of yesterday I made 2 microwave bowl holders to give to a sweet lady who is a cashier at my local grocery. Her only family is her mom that lives with her, mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I picked up a couple of nice deep Carelle bowls at Walmart thinking they would be more spill proof for an elderly lady. I think everyone should have something from Santa under their tree.

Today, after routine vacuuming up the dog hair, I think I will straighten up all the fabrics I have been using and organize my fabric cupboard!

cowgirlquilter 12-21-2013 06:41 AM

Good morning.....we are receiving ice as well, but not even half of what you are. How nice of you to share the love and give......hope you are staying warm as well.
Right now, there is no electricity, so no baking, sewing or even bathing.....yuck! At least all of our critters are all right. Went out to check on them and had to break open the water trough and the duck pond, but we haven't lost anyone.
Sending you hugs and warm thoughts......

JuneBillie 12-21-2013 07:31 AM

It's a great day today, as we are all blessed in some way. My dad that is in the hospital we got to see yesterday, and except for him giving them a hard time he is doing well. He is still weak, and can't stand on his feet yet, but battling pneumonia takes awhile especially for the elderly to get over. We are having lots of wind today, and rain on its way, and probably storms. We aren't expecting all the snow with ice some of you are having. You all be careful.

Sauki1 12-21-2013 07:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the lovely blocks I received from Brat. They have more colors in them in person. It was a very bright day today :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452658[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]452659[/ATTACH]

Thank you, have a wonderful Christmas :)

rfbrazell 12-21-2013 09:12 PM

Linda, you are just an angel. You are one of the most generous people I know, along with Dot, Jean, and Shirley, Tammoo, Anna, missywigglewings on and on. This is the most blessed people in one organization. Love our quilting family.
Roberto

Oksewnsew 12-21-2013 10:00 PM

Materialgrl, I am sorry you're not up to starting again..Please take time and get well - it will happen.. Moonwork will miss you, I hope things workout so you can re-join again. Keep in touch, I will keep you on the list, as inactive for the time. Frenchfryqueen, sorry you've been ill...That darn stuff sure can knock ya to your knees for sure..My daughter and both grankids just got over it. Take it slow and rest.

Here are the blocks that RFC (Linda) sent me. Sorry am late posting them. I didn't get the candies & thread catcher in the picture, but really like them too.. ;o)

We got ICE, but alas, NO SNOW!!! again.. Robert said he'd send me SNOW, so maybe if all will do that, I can at least cover my car...hahahaha lololo I know the ice is very dangerous for trees, animals and such, but the trees sure are pretty. It's like a Winter Wonderland for sure.

Everyone stay well and don't work too hard in the days ahead. Enjoy the season.
Hugs
Jean

Oksewnsew 12-21-2013 10:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well guess it's time to go to bed!! I just noticed I didn't send the pictures - DUH!!! So here they are, then it is off to bed for me.. The colors in the first pic are really vivid, kinda shows orangish, but it's RED..lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452777[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]452778[/ATTACH]

Retired Fire Chief 12-22-2013 04:28 AM

Cowgirlquilter, you have it worse than here, at least so far we have power, but it has blinked a few times this morning. It looks like we got more snow than ice last night, which is a blessing, but the winds are wicked and I'm not sure I can put the horses out today.

Brat, the blue blocks you made are beautiful and Robert, dear friend, thank you for the kind words. What good is life if you can't bring a smile to someone, especially someone in need. I am very blessed and blessings are meant to be shared.

Oksewnsew, I'm glad you like the blocks, I figure most people adore chocolate even if I don't (gives me migraines) and the thread catchers are so much fun to make they just beg to be made! I received your block and the needles yesterday - first thank you for the needles, I have started changing the needle in my machine more often and found it really does make a difference. And I love the Stars and Pinwheel block, beautiful fabrics and the pattern is fabulous, so thank you very much, the colors are so me! I will post a picture later, now it is off to the barn tracking through the snow! At least Santa will have an easy trip this year.

terriamn 12-22-2013 10:25 AM

We had my X brother in law's funeral yesterday, he was all my daughters stand in father and it was one of the most emotional days of my life. I was hurting but to see my daughters, nephews and sister so devastated it was almost more then my poor ole heart could take. Going to enjoy our holidays even more because there is going to be lots more of hugging going on aroundhere then usual

Retired Fire Chief 12-23-2013 04:58 AM

terriamn, so sorry for your loss and I'm sure it is especially hard because it's Christmas. When my father died at 60 someone told me that God takes the best ones young and somehow that helped. Tell your children he is now a Christmas angel. God bless.