Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

TheMamaHauser 01-29-2014 03:04 PM

Ok - so that is super easy to make. You can do 2 colors, or 4 colors, or however you want.

Basically, you need a total of (8) 3.5" x 6.5" rectangles and (8) 3.5" blocks. Draw a diagonal line on the block, line it up on the rectangle, sew, trim, and iron. The tricky part is making sure you go the right direction (diagonally speaking) depending on the part of the block you're sewing.

Once you've got all 8 sewn/cut/ironed, start putting them together like the block picture. Super simple. But it's pretty awesome and not a traditional design. :)

beaqltr 01-29-2014 04:08 PM

I like the block and colors. What is her theme?

Lv2sew2011 01-29-2014 05:36 PM

Hi Jean, I'm back and ready to sew again so if ya don't mind please add me in February...

TheMamaHauser 01-29-2014 05:59 PM

Warm colors :)

CajunBear 01-30-2014 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received my block from Jem, it's a beautiful star block! Love it. Here is a photo! Oh and I have your block made Jem and yours also ssnare, as soon as I can get out with Hubby I'll mail them both. Sorry but his surgery has me homebound. We do not put it in our mailbox as we are rural and have learned things don't always get to their desitination. Hugs,Cajun

JuneBillie 01-31-2014 06:22 AM

That is a very pretty star block, and love the blue colors.

My block has been sent by quiltingeileen several days ago, I am just waiting so I can show you all a picture. With all the weather, the mail must be running slow around my area.

Likethedog 01-31-2014 07:26 PM

I received a beautiful block from beaqltr today -- black and white blocks with applicated kitties in bright colors. I have two themes -- music and cats -- and this is the first cat block I've received. I love it.

Wish I could post a photo -- and wish I had a photo of the blocks I sent -- but my camera is on the blink (temporarily, I hope).

Elisabrat 01-31-2014 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh goodie new partners this month. I have once again changed my theme to make sure you ask before you sew!

I wanted to share a quilt top I am making in the block of the month category (my medallion quilt along). I am working hard at using up all those darned scraps I have. way too many (less than f4). so this week I killed a whole bunch of red pieces, six different reds and one orange red. I am so happy with what it made. I have scrappy quilt aphobia. its horrible gives me the chills. I decided to give a scrappy one more shot and do it color coordinated so it will end up being a rainbow when I am done. perfect for a 9 yr old. I hope. well.. here it goes ..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]459801[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 02-01-2014 05:33 AM

Lovely Brat!

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6547757)
I wanted to share a quilt top I am making in the block of the month category (my medallion quilt along). I am working hard at using up all those darned scraps I have. way too many (less than f4). so this week I killed a whole bunch of red pieces, six different reds and one orange red. I am so happy with what it made. I have scrappy quilt aphobia. its horrible gives me the chills. I decided to give a scrappy one more shot and do it color coordinated so it will end up being a rainbow when I am done. perfect for a 9 yr old. I hope. well.. here it goes ..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]459801[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 02-01-2014 05:36 AM

Yesterday I rec'd two colorful blocks. One was a depression block from my.sewingroom for our January exchange and the second, also a depression block, was a side-swap from Juanitabean. Both are beautiful! Thank you so much ladies. I'll press the blocks later this morning and then post pix. (What a wonderful day it was to receive TWO in a single day!) Thank you both for swapping with me!