Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Sauki1 01-26-2014 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6535681)
oksewnsew how many players do we have each month out of curiosity. and what are your themes everyone?

Mine is and will be for a while....red and a crisp white (no beige, tan, off white or winter whites, please)

TheMamaHauser 01-26-2014 04:31 PM

I've always wondered, what is a winter white? Is it like a dirty white that isn't ivory but isn't "oh look that couldn't be any whiter if it was left in a bucket of bleach for a year" white?

createfourpaws 01-26-2014 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 6535008)
It is good to hear about these lung transplants! My 18 year old grandson has a friend that was shot two weeks ago. Bullet hit shoulder and bone made it turn and go down through the lung and lodge in the liver. He is not doing well and they are talking about removing lung! I want to tell them to research transplant. Boys playing with guns! Glad grandson gas more sense! Pray for JOJoo please"

hugs,
Betty

A person can live without 1 lung, I lost my right lung 2 yrs ago from cancer, i am doing very well, have a little bit of endurance issues but other than that i am doing fine. I have talked with several people who have lived with one lung for 20 plus years with little problems. Will pray for your grandsons friend.

cjr 01-26-2014 07:09 PM

My blocks from my swap partner, Roberto Fabulouso, came yesterday. Oh My!!! Both are breathtaking. We decided privately to swap two. The beautiful French or English Victorian Cottage he posted earlier. The second is an exquisite French Flower Shop. Turns out in previous lives he and I were both florists. The tiny embroideried flowers look very life like. You can almost smell their fragrance. Thank you so much. i am so thrilled to receive both of them.

Sauki1 01-27-2014 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 6536572)
I've always wondered, what is a winter white? Is it like a dirty white that isn't ivory but isn't "oh look that couldn't be any whiter if it was left in a bucket of bleach for a year" white?

LOL...IMHO, it's just how we refer to off white. Maybe a regional thing? To me, it's off white.

frenchfryqueen 01-27-2014 05:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at my pretties from Brat! These will go so well in my quilt. Thanks for the side swap, brat!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458877[/ATTACH]

Anyone else interested in a side swap while we wait for our February names? :)

Elisabrat 01-27-2014 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
those were tough for me Amber! I absolutely am so not into school colors yet.. they worked. Imagine that! that orange was what was killing me. super orange! but she picked it. right out of the stack of scrap fabrics I had. So I am glad your happy :) got your pic let me see if it will post or not hold on...[ATTACH=CONFIG]458887[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 01-27-2014 06:40 AM

I did it. slow sometimes posting your blocks but I always work hard at getting them on here.. eventually :)

Difergie 01-27-2014 06:58 AM

My theme is 'pastels, old fashion', looking for soft look...whatever that means. Lol

Sauki1 01-27-2014 03:38 PM

Received my squares from my partner this month....thanks I love them :)