Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

CAS49OR 12-27-2012 04:31 PM

Ever notice how something that is "good enough" for yourself is never good enough when you're making it for someone else? I sure am having a hard time with the binding on my mug-rug. I finally got it done, but don't think it's very pretty. It's amazing I forgot how to match up the binding on the bias and all that. I sewed (and un-sewed) several serpentine type connections before I looked for a refresher online.

Now I'm going to wash it and pray it holds together!

Lynnie, we used to do the same type of thing, but we would go view houses we would never be able to afford.

Elisabrat 12-27-2012 07:31 PM

When I sold real estate I worked in a very high end market. 2M to 12 M normal. the 1M houses were .. dogs. So I got to see a ton of different styles it was fun and sometimes you get those OH MY moments. One house had a bedroom with ebony floors. 100K just for the wood in the floor in there. Each room was more extravagent than the other. It was kinda .. creepy if you ask me. The tiki movie theatre, the BEYOND bright yellow family room with a giant rainbow on the wall (they had no kids) then the livingroom with the copy of the versille fireplace mantel with gold leaf etc.. nothing worked. ohoh a big pig painted on the kitchen wall. um who was the designer? the owner. big time designer. so house window shopping is fun isnt it. And most agents dont care ifyou shop your neighborhood to see how much what have they done etc.. it means maybe you might remember their name from the flier you took if you decide to sell later on. So go look heck with it. I mean we are stuck there for 4or 5 hours and sometimes its darned boring five or six people come through. A lookey lou might also know someone they want to tell about the house. FYI lol like you cared. you know you were going to peak anyways. I have chicken fabric but no roosters. gingerbread men I have but of course they are Christmasy. and well cats, and flowers and purples and teals and valentines galore.. 22 days?? ARGH!

pmkbecker 12-27-2012 08:36 PM

i am in....

TammyB 12-27-2012 11:18 PM

Hey, I'd like to get in on the Mug Rug action! Sent a PM.

Elisabrat 12-28-2012 10:53 AM

oh Nelco I just checked out the first posting you had of all the mug rugs. Wow some terrific ideas and then the google search that showed a zillion. I want them all! I am truly ready to whip up a couple. Ideas galore. wowsa.

Nelco 12-28-2012 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5745680)
oh Nelco I just checked out the first posting you had of all the mug rugs. Wow some terrific ideas and then the google search that showed a zillion. I want them all! I am truly ready to whip up a couple. Ideas galore. wowsa.

I am with you all the way Linda. i made one with a little pocket in it for DGD so she could put her letter to santa in it on Xmas eve.

lynnie 12-28-2012 02:41 PM

Mmmmo.k. so now heres another question
Do you drink coffee, tea chai or cocoa?
If you drank coffee would you prefer your mug rug say coffee, what if it said tea and you drink coffee. Maybe ishould write cuppa instead???!!

Pat625 12-29-2012 05:25 AM

My daughter called last night..She bought Blue and Orange dishes for our new house and wants to do it in a Florida Gators theme!

Momma_K 12-29-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5746026)
Mmmmo.k. so now heres another question
Do you drink coffee, tea chai or cocoa?
If you drank coffee would you prefer your mug rug say coffee, what if it said tea and you drink coffee. Maybe ishould write cuppa instead???!!

I've never had the Chai Tea but do like flavored teas. Coffee, love it and cocoa oh yeay!! I'm not picky though on anything. As long as I can claim it as mine...I'm happy! :D

buddy'smom 12-30-2012 05:26 AM

I drink coffee but do love tea as well, the Chai
Is awesome.

Originally Posted by Momma_K (Post 5747514)
I've never had the Chai Tea but do like flavored teas. Coffee, love it and cocoa oh yeay!! I'm not picky though on anything. As long as I can claim it as mine...I'm happy! :D