Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

DustysMomma 12-31-2012 06:19 AM

Elisa, yes, they are bright. Everyone seemed to be pretty happy with them. I used some new variegated thread I bought on them. The surfboard one was a little loud, but the lady I gave it to not only thanked me in person, she also emailed me to tell me how much she loved it, so I think I picked the right person to give it to. It was nice to bring some color into that environment of gray and brown. I posted these pictures on facebook after I posted them here, and my best friend has already requested one with of the "coffee" themed ones. I guess I'll throw it together and it'll be part of her Christmas, since I haven't had a chance to give her gifts to her yet. I bought her the most adorable cheese plate with matching knife at the Syrup Sop a couple months ago, and brought her a pair of warm purple slippers like mine from Denmark.

Our house isn't especially football themed, but we do have Auburn University logos stashed all over the house. The biggest is probably the fireplace screen (http://www.sportsmirrors.com/auburn-...ace-screen.htm). We have all Auburn logo'd Tervis tumblers, I sit on an Auburn pillow when I sew, we have orange and blue bed sheets, and then there's the little things here and there that are Auburn, but not orange and blue. We definitely have a male oriented decor in our house, lots of black, chrome, glass, and medium to dark woods, but it's OK, because the house I lived in when I was married to my ex was way too girly for my taste because that's what he wanted. Our dining room table is currently unfinished, but I'm thinking of staining it black (not painting, because that'll be too stark). The table is at least 15 years old and was made in Denmark. My boyfriend's had it since he was in college and brought it with him when he moved to the US to teach at Auburn University.

I think your hotpad style mug rug is a great idea. Perhaps we should do a whole swap of them! I have some squares already cut out to match the placemats I made for my boyfriend's mom for Christmas & I'm thinking that I may make her a couple hotpads to match, since I know she'll use them. I could use a hotpad runner that will fit our bar. When we have my boyfriend's grad students here for graduation parties, we usually put everything out as a buffet on the bar. It's granite so the heat doesn't affect it so much, but it would be nice to have something pretty to put on the bar, especially an Auburn themed one for graduation parties. Now that I'm down to 2 unfinished projects, maybe I'll add that to my to-do list. :)

Lizzytish 12-31-2012 07:45 AM

I want to play please...

Belfrybat 12-31-2012 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are two I just made up in my favourite colour. Not sure what I will do with them. I've been making mug rugs from my FMQ practice pieces. Gives me good experience with binding as well as FMQ.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385044[/ATTACH]

DustysMomma 12-31-2012 03:43 PM

These are so cute Belfry!

Shadowirish 12-31-2012 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a couple out of Halloween scraps from a swap I did. Mostly to practice FMQ and binding..one of the young girls at work liked them so much I gave her one and made another for DH and I.
Pictures not so good, but you can get the gist of it.

Nelco 12-31-2012 04:31 PM

Looks like all of you are getting antsy and practicing your FMQ. 17 more days till I will get the names out. WOW! How time flies.
WISHING ALL YOU A SUPER NEW YEAR FULL OF QUILTS :D :)

DustysMomma 12-31-2012 04:39 PM

I can't get myself to try FMQ on my standard sewing machine. Looks like I need to hunt down some video on it!

lovngrandma 12-31-2012 07:13 PM

i want in , no pics to show, i made 2 for a freind , but these gave me some cool ideas,

LoupEsprit 01-01-2013 01:04 AM

I'll be working on some mug rugs soon; hopefully I'll crank out something useful!

Oh yeah, Happy New Year everybody!

Lizzytish 01-01-2013 10:10 AM

Wow looks like a lot of swappers here....
I have been in swaps where the number was so low it was almost canceled....
Nice to see the involvement !