Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

Elisabrat 01-14-2013 07:01 AM

I just check the recipients postings for all swap partners regardless of the swap this way I can get to know who they are, what they make and what they love. Its a good way to get to know your fellow swappers. So if you dont have a profile.. this is as good a time as any to write one. Nelco are we there yet????? I am so worried about the time from finding out to the due to recieve/mail things .. I have a lot of pots in the fire and like to try to make each one a special event. I found some adorable ideas. now to translate that into reality :)

Ky.Quilt_Laydee 01-14-2013 07:02 AM

I'm new to Quilting Board...joined this swap...and looking forward to participating

lovngrandma 01-14-2013 07:57 AM

ok I think all these mug rug swappers is gggrrrreeeeaaat , and I am one of them, i will also have to update my profile , had not thought of that, looking for bright , reds, purples, batiks, whisical, i love most anything, a farm country girl with a love for the unique and different and wild colors and I am told my color palate needs help, cause i will match most anything, love dots, stripes, sparkles, things hidden in the pattern, like eyes, so cool, love fairys , angels, hummingbirds, blue birds, horses, cats, neon, snata, frosty any time of year, easter bunny, monkeys, elephants, hippos, gariffes, panda bears, clown fish, underwater is our new theme in our master bedroom, living room is like a hidgepodge of alot of thigns , like me , a hodgepodege of many things, love roses, morning glories, clamatis vines , and big beautiful butterflies, ok baby crying, be back in a bit

DustysMomma 01-14-2013 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have 2 more fabrics coming from Denmark!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388024[/ATTACH]

But, if you're interested in these, your rug will have to wait. I won't have them until the end of the month.

I think Elisabrat has a good idea, getting to know all the swappers a bit. The more swaps you do with them, the more you know what they like, and if they need a slave driver sewing room mascot like Jaba just got with her runner. :D

lovngrandma 01-14-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma (Post 5785412)
I have 2 more fabrics coming from Denmark!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388024[/ATTACH]

But, if you're interested in these, your rug will have to wait. I won't have them until the end of the month.

I think Elisabrat has a good idea, getting to know all the swappers a bit. The more swaps you do with them, the more you know what they like, and if they need a slave driver sewing room mascot like Jaba just got with her runner. :D

now I love that purple, one, just love it,

LindaC 01-14-2013 09:04 AM

Okay I give in, I've joined in the swap.

mooretll 01-14-2013 11:55 AM

Ok the countdown is on for names, yippie

Nelco 01-14-2013 04:14 PM

6 more hours....then it is my turn. can u belive that there are 95 of us. :p :shock:

dotcomdtcm 01-14-2013 05:14 PM

Another view on the mug rugs. Instead of trying to match your mug rug to the recipient, SHOW YOUR STUFF.
Do you love paper piecing? Do that. Love hexagons, try some. Collect '30's fabric? Share that. Add a little note that tells the story. I just took class, found a new direction. I made my mug rug gift today & I will show what I learned! Dotty

Nelco 01-14-2013 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5786669)
Another view on the mug rugs. Instead of trying to match your mug rug to the recipient, SHOW YOUR STUFF.
Do you love paper piecing? Do that. Love hexagons, try some. Collect '30's fabric? Share that. Add a little note that tells the story. I just took class, found a new direction. I made my mug rug gift today & I will show what I learned! Dotty

I like that idea Dotty. It will be interesting to see all the rugs as they come in.