Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Needlecase Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/needlecase-exchange-t188044.html)

JuneBillie 07-06-2012 04:53 PM

I Did get mine today from Little RoO. I just got home a bit ago, and it made my day wonderful. The needle case is beautiful, and the fabric shows England. You will be able to see the flag, a double decker London Bus, and Ferris Wheels called The London Eye, etc. The colors of the fabric are beautiful, and she filled it with very useful goodies.(thread, various types of needles, seam ripper, scissors, measuring tape, and long pretty straight pins). She also included a pretty unique card with a patch of the fabric used in the needle book sewn on it, and topped with a little bird. She also wrote the nicest letter inside. Thank you Rosemary (Little RoO) I have to go check on my dad which I do regularly since my mom passed away in March of this year, but when I get back I will post pictures of my needle book. Oh, and Little RoO said this was her first needle book to make. Much better than mine was I made, but I hope I am getting better. I love the learning.Thanks again Little RoO!!

mary quilting 07-06-2012 06:05 PM

I'll join you I've been gone a week I hope mine will be waiting for me tomorrow .when I get home

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 5344017)
Still sitting on the bench waiting anyone want to join me????

quiltymom 07-06-2012 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by mary quilting (Post 5344564)
I'll join you I've been gone a week I hope mine will be waiting for me tomorrow .when I get home

Yeah I got home today from trip thought it might be here today too but we can hope for tommorrow!!! I hate waiting in this 104 heat!!!! Thanks for joining me!!!!

JuneBillie 07-06-2012 06:53 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Here are my pictures of my beautiful needle book, and goodies from Little RoO[ATTACH=CONFIG]347206[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347209[/ATTACH]I love the button she used.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347211[/ATTACH]I didn't have any of these pins. I love them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347212[/ATTACH]More goodies, and I can use them all. [ATTACH=CONFIG]347215[/ATTACH]The back[ATTACH=CONFIG]347216[/ATTACH]Here is the needle book with the beautiful card she stitched.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347217[/ATTACH]Thank You So Much Little RoO!!!!!! I love everything, and especially the love you put into everything. This was a fun swap, and brought lots of smiles.:o

Judith1005 07-06-2012 06:57 PM

Oh wow, first the skyline then the British flag and beautiful bright 3D flowers. Ladies, you have outdone yourselves. Just gorgeous!!

Judith1005 07-06-2012 07:00 PM

Oh wow, little Roo, Very very neat. I love how your scissors hook in. Very very creative.

Neesie 07-06-2012 07:46 PM

Gorgeous needle cases!!!! :thumbup:

annthreecats 07-07-2012 02:08 AM

Quote from Doghousemom - "My husband was happy to see "his" flag come home especially so close to the 4th of July (or as he calls it - A big to-do about a cuppa)"

That made me LOL.

DogHouseMom 07-07-2012 05:10 AM

JuneBillie ... another thing we have in common ... we received needle cases with the flag of Britian!

LittleRoo - the case is gorgeous!!!

Everyone ... ALL the cases were fantastic (especially the one I got :) )

Caroline ... THANK YOU so much for hosting this swap. I had a great time making my case, looking at all the others and of course receiving the perfect case you made for me. Or should I say "ta"

peaceandjoy 07-07-2012 05:44 AM

Love the British one, what a great idea to represent the area it came from. Also like the scissors holder in this one much better than in the one I made... Am wondering, after the ribbon is threaded through the scissors, does one end have Velcro or some such to hold the ribbon down? I'm trying to think about how I could adapt this to the pattern I used, modifying both patterns a bit to come up with the "perfect" one. And wow, those pins all in a circle - I had enough trouble just making a straight line, lol.

Thanks, Carolyn, this was great fun!