Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-swap-disappearing-four-patch-quilt-blocks-t235189.html)

Nelco 01-05-2014 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6494330)
Nelda your middle strips need to be changed, the black and red to the bottom and the blue and white to the top. Think when you cut you just put them it the wrong place but the cutting is right, just wrong placement.

Jaba; My post about the me having the same fabric was to 'createfourpaws' Thank you anyway for the comment. I am sure she will have some awesome blocks

Boop56 01-05-2014 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my blocks cut out. Now to se what a one eyed monster can accomplish. I don't get my glasses for my left eye until the end of January, so for now I see double and distorted at times. At least it is clear. Hopefully in March they will replace the cornea in the right eye.

jclinganrey 01-05-2014 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6494330)
Nelda your middle strips need to be changed, the black and red to the bottom and the blue and white to the top. Think when you cut you just put them it the wrong place but the cutting is right, just wrong placement.

Thanks, Jaba. I could see that it needs to be tweaked but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Hope her answer helps you, Nelda.

Jane

jclinganrey 01-05-2014 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pattia (Post 6494236)
ack, after getting out my "brights" I realized that a trip to the not so LQS will be in order. 2 of my brights I thought I could use are a touch too pastel bright. And one is too dark I feel. and one is almost a duplicate lime green.
oh well, it could be worse, any excuse to go to the fabric store. lol

Darn! A trip to the quilt shop. Grumble, grumble. . . .

Jane
:)

Boop56 01-05-2014 02:51 PM

Now I am really confused. You have a d4p for end of January sign-up as batik and solid black. You also have valentine d4p with a twist sign-up for January 30th. Do we just pick which one we would like to do or do we do both...if we sign up. Thanks

Boop56 01-05-2014 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
1 down and 11 more to go. I found out my depth perception is way off. So fun threading the sewing machine needle. LOL Slow and easy for this grasshopper!

Dragonfly Nana 01-05-2014 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like we are all getting out blocks finished. Here are my sets - made correctly this time.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455001[/ATTACH]
The previous sets I made will now serve as a border round for top made from a previous swap that was also Black/White/Bright, though all different blocks.

jaba 01-05-2014 06:43 PM

Perfect Paula, they look awesome, like your colors!! Especially those purple ones, imagine that??

Stitch124 01-06-2014 07:04 AM

Ok! while watching Downton Abby last night I made the two sets of 4 patch blocks for the D4P swap for December. I chain-pieced the squares which made the blocks come together so fast. Now I have to make the cuts and sew up the blocks to finish. I guess this is the slow part of the process.

Does anyone have any suggestions that would speed up this part of the block-making process? If there's no way to speed it up then, I'll just plug along. Only making 2 sets so it's not a huge amount of time, but I timed myself and including sewing the 4 patches together, it took about 15 mins to cut/sew/press each D4P block.

Has anyone timed yourself to see how long it takes to make one block? Thinking I'm just a slow block maker....

Any advice for a faster process would be appreciated.

Julie

Stitch124 01-06-2014 10:13 AM

Also, I on the 1930's Swap, I followed a D4P tutorial by MSQC. Does following that tutorial produce the same block as the tutorial on this swap? On the MSQC tutorial, the larger outer blocks are flip-flopped across, and the small middle square is rotated by one turn to the left. The narrow strips are never moved.
This is different than the tutorial for this swap which says to just flip the narrow strips.

Just curious.