Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-swap-disappearing-four-patch-quilt-blocks-t235189.html)

Nelco 01-03-2014 03:19 PM

Starting on my sets today.

happylab 01-03-2014 07:41 PM

Will start sewing my 4-patches tomorrow. Then next break will start the cutting of the blocks and re-sewing of the blocks. Bye happy sewing.

createfourpaws 01-03-2014 08:45 PM

I have my 4 patches sewn together, now to cut them apart and sew them back together. 1st set is cut apart and ready to be sewn. Now the other 5 sets to cut apart

jclinganrey 01-04-2014 02:20 PM

I have a general question (it's a multi-part question): would you prefer the quilt blocks stay the same size from month to month? Would you rather the February/Valentines block be 8 1/2"?

Thanks!

Jane

Dragonfly Nana 01-04-2014 03:20 PM

I like the idea of varying the size - it will add another "difference" to the finished quilts.

Nelco 01-04-2014 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 6492868)
I like the idea of varying the size - it will add another "difference" to the finished quilts.

l also like varying sizes. Say for the valentine blocks one could make a wall hanging or a nice table cover.

Nelco 01-04-2014 05:36 PM

wanted to say that I have the same black/ white (Left corner) and I will also be using it. (How funny)
TE=createfourpaws;6480525]Help!!! Not sure I put it back together once I cut them apart and sewed them. First block is pre cut, then sewn back together

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453778[/ATTACH]

want input before I cut anymore apart.

Thank for the help.[/QUOTE]

Pattia 01-05-2014 08:56 AM

ack, after getting out my "brights" I realized that a trip to the not so LQS will be in order. 2 of my brights I thought I could use are a touch too pastel bright. And one is too dark I feel. and one is almost a duplicate lime green.
oh well, it could be worse, any excuse to go to the fabric store. lol

Pattia 01-05-2014 09:00 AM

Hi Nelda, if you look at the ones posted on the first page, they are arranged differently than yours. all the colour should be in the same quadrant. I don't know how you switched them. but it looks to me very different than the ones posted. Maybe a more experienced quilter can help. You started out ok and cut ok, Just the arrangement looks different. hope someone can help

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 6493112)
wanted to say that I have the same black/ white (Left corner) and I will also be using it. (How funny)
TE=createfourpaws;6480525]Help!!! Not sure I put it back together once I cut them apart and sewed them. First block is pre cut, then sewn back together

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453777[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453778[/ATTACH]

want input before I cut anymore apart.

Thank for the help.

[/QUOTE]

jaba 01-05-2014 09:34 AM

Nelda your middle strips need to be changed, the black and red to the bottom and the blue and white to the top. Think when you cut you just put them it the wrong place but the cutting is right, just wrong placement.