Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW SWAP! Disappearing Four Patch quilt blocks! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-swap-disappearing-four-patch-quilt-blocks-t235189.html)

MaryMo 01-31-2014 09:59 PM

I became ill and had to drop out but I didn't think my blocks were looking so great so I didn't mind it so much .... but now I'm having lots of second thoughts. Jaba, your quilts are absolultely stunning, so pretty .... especially the 30's fabrics. You did beautiful work!!!

jaba 02-01-2014 06:27 AM

Haven't really thought about it yet, maybe just a small stipple or double and triple loops. The patterns are all so tiny think it would look better with small quilting rather the 1 big flower in the middle of each block and feathers don't seem to fit this style of quilt at all to me.
Thanks TamMoo, I think it turned out pretty good too

jclinganrey 02-01-2014 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by tubsfam (Post 6545884)
Jane thank you for all your work. And a big thank you to all the ladies in the swap. Such a great mix in the material and colors.Can't wait to play with them. To all those getting my blocks I'm sorry that I forgot to put my name on them, my next set is ready with names this time.

I put your name on your quilt blocks.

Jane

jclinganrey 02-01-2014 01:38 PM

Here's my plan for the rest of the year, all with the D4P block (unless I decide to throw in another surprise):

Mar - Patriotic – red/white/blue
Apr- Civil War Reproduction - any color w/ light colored shirting fabric
May - Asian w/ solid black
June - Chocolate covered Cherries - browns and pinks
July – Batiks Revisited - Batiks w/ solid black (1st dibs to those who didn't get in on the January swap)
August – Christmas (obvious)
Sept – black/white - black on white or white on black with solid black or solid white
Oct – Autumn
Nov – red/white
Dec - floral/off-white - small scale floral no bigger than a quarter paired with off-white

Jane

givio 02-03-2014 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought you might like to see a picture of my 30's quilt top too. It's about 80" square, 10 x 10 blocks. I plan to put a blue binding on it. Thank you everyone for helping me make it!

jaba 02-03-2014 03:11 PM

Beautiful Givio, looks like it's keeping that blanket of snow nice and warm. Sure glad we traded some more fabric to get our quilts larger

Dragonfly Nana 02-03-2014 03:42 PM

Oh my, that is so pretty Givo

Stitch124 02-05-2014 06:02 AM

Jane, Karen, Cindy, Sue, Groovypieces, Gerri, Peggy, Nelda, Patty and Beverly, just wanted to say thank all of you for the nice blocks I received in the mail yesterday. They will really compliment the others I have already finished. Cut the sashing and will be working on it on Saturday.

All of the blocks with the exception of 3 were perfectly square with tight matching seams. Most were ironed and starched very nicely.

Thanks again,
Stitch124

CSNolan 02-07-2014 01:44 PM

Hi, fellow fabric-a-holics!! I used to be very active on this board, but then LIFE kept me away for a while. I am REALLY HOPING I am not too late to get into this swap!! Please let me know ASAP! ([email protected]) If I am too late for this month, please sign me up for next month. Thank you!!

jclinganrey 02-09-2014 10:51 AM

Hi CSNolan -

I'm so glad we've tempted you with our fun swap. The 30's and b/w/brights swaps are finished. You are welcome to jump in our February swap. Loads of fun with a variation to the original D4P block. I invite you to check it out in the Swaps thread.

Jump in!!

Jane