Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Nelco 10-05-2013 09:37 AM

My sis did that about 3 yrs ago and loved the trip. She lives in southern PA so we started there and our main distention was Portland, MA so we could call friends in Portland OR. WOW the colors are brighter then here in Oregon.

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 6331884)
On my bucket list is to take a leisurely fall color trip to the east coast, including New York and Maine by way of Vermont and Connecticut??? I dearly, dearly LOVE fall and embrace all that goes with! :)

CookyIN 10-05-2013 09:48 AM

Neesie, how anyone could doubt a southern belle with such a cutie-patootie avatar is beyond me! I'll join you for brunch, and then we can go scavenging... er, shopping... together.

CookyIN 10-05-2013 09:49 AM

Too funny -- thanks for sharing!

Neesie 10-05-2013 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6332181)
May I ask the difference between FAT (which i understand) and FAKE quarters -- never heard that second term. Or has the silly bug infected the thread? :D

Well, a Fat Quarter is a fat half of a half yard. A Fake Quarter is a fat half of . . . well, nothing. :D

Neesie 10-05-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6332198)
Neesie, how anyone could doubt a southern belle with such a cutie-patootie avatar is beyond me! I'll join you for brunch, and then we can go scavenging... er, shopping... together.

Finally! Someone who understands! :D 'Shopping' sounds like fun! ;) Let's remember to take our biggest 'shopping' bags with us. :thumbup:

rwquilts 10-05-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 6332188)
My sis did that about 3 yrs ago and loved the trip. She lives in southern PA so we started there and our main distention was Portland, MA so we could call friends in Portland OR. WOW the colors are brighter then here in Oregon.

I can imagine they are...until I can see for myself that is. I lived many years in Oregon and worked in Portland...the fall colors are much more muted than in climates where they get the colder weather for sure. :)

Pat625 10-05-2013 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6332215)
Finally! Someone who understands! :D 'Shopping' sounds like fun! ;) Let's remember to take our biggest 'shopping' bags with us. :thumbup:

I have teenage daughters that love to embarrass me. We were going shopping at the thrift shop and all the way there they sang the song about "popping tags" I asked what popping tags was, they told me shopping. We go into the store, and I said- let's go pop some tags!! Unfortunately others heard me before they decided to tell me it actually meant shoplifting!

terriamn 10-05-2013 10:40 AM

Madbury I live in Minneapolis also. We are on the Mpls. side of Mpls. and Edina, where are you?

Terriamn

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-05-2013 10:51 AM

The leaves in Downeast Maine will be at peak in about 1 1/2 wks, providing we don't get too much wind. Here we call outer state people leaf peepers(peepahs) I think they do bus tours into Bar Harbor(bar harbah) The ah is a downeast accent. We don't always pronounce our "R"

SulaBug 10-05-2013 10:59 AM

Boy...........did it ever take me along time to catch up today, since I was on yesterday!! :D Thank you to everyone that answered my question about the FQ's to be included in our Secret Santa box. I think my mind just decided for me, that because this was a Secret Santa exchange that the FQ's had to by Christmas related. DUH........now I get it!!
:D :D :D :D