Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

dreamer2009 10-07-2013 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6336869)
Dreamer, I just got this machine as my travel buddy. I have only had her for almost a week. Also, I suck at making most of the home deco items. I usually dont make things for myself. I am hoping my SS will see the post and feel sorry for me. LOL

they will need to know the machine and size.

jaba 10-07-2013 07:04 PM

I think my profile says quite a bit and I did post more on this thread, but have to say my SS posted more here and I was very very happy! It gave me a little bit more of a direction to go and fill in with extra's I already had. Actually a lot more so it is way easier and I know (I think) she will like the majority of what I send. Love those little hints that help along the way.

Painiacs 10-07-2013 07:10 PM

Oooohhh jaba maybe its meeeeeee! :-) lol

jaba 10-07-2013 07:23 PM

AHHHH, time will tell, you just never know! The hard part, at least for me, is getting the box and having to look at it until opening day.

mdall 10-07-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6336880)

they will need to know the machine and size.

The machine is a Brother XL 5232, I dont have the measurements on it but can get them. I can tell you that it has a carrying handle on the very top that flips down instead of the ones on the back. Will post measurements just in case my SS is watching in the morning.

I also have a Brother CS 600i that could use a cover too.

Neesie 10-07-2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6336818)
I know a secret.......a really big big secret........
wanna tell so bad.............wanna tell..............
can't tell though.....oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh.........can't tell.

What is it??? I won't tell! Just type it in itsy-bitsy sized font and no one else will ever know! :thumbup:

nellie 10-08-2013 12:58 AM

well i have all kinds of rulers in different shapes and sizes,books and magazines for quilting,patterns all kinds .right now i,m
working on making a big Rooster to stand him up on my kitchen counter as a country theme decor , i love having roosters and chickens as a decor in my kitchen. home make stuff is what i enjoy most getting like a table runner or place mats , mug mats for my morning coffee ,love big coffee cupsi collect them . in fabrics i like bright colors 40,s or 50,s reto style all colors as long as there bright colors and i like to draw patterns .hope this helps anyone who might need ideas for there s.s pal

LAQUITA 10-08-2013 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6334644)
if you don't have a ___________ for your__________ and could use one
please let me know.

OHHHHH Ill play. I don't have a sewing machine cover to fit "Rosie' my Janome 6600 and she could sure use a nice warm cover for this winter...... :)

mjsylvstr 10-08-2013 03:53 AM

OMG, two days away from the computer and I have 80..that's right, 80....pages to read. Looks like a long day with nothing getting accomplished ...oh well, there's always tomorrow.

grann of 6 10-08-2013 04:31 AM

I don't have covers for my machines either, well except for those cheapie plastic things that used to come with them. But then again my machines get used often enough that the covers get thrown in a corner anyway. I figure why spend all that time making a cover for my machine when I can be making a nice quilt for someone who needs some loving warmth.