Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

SulaBug 10-12-2013 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156 (Post 6344076)
And I like the idea of getting a local newspaper in my package..thats a great idea.

Airwick...........I am glad to hear that you like my idea of sending our SS a local newspaper too!! :D I started bringing my Mom the Sunday paper whenever we traveled out of state. She always enjoyed them so much. Once in the Chicago airport I was stopped to have the Sunday paper I had just bought, frisked. They were looking for a gun. How embarrassing, but it was all worth it. Their paper's are huge!!
:D :D :D :D

Knitette 10-12-2013 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6344206)
I think we discussed this before... didn't we? The 4 FQs are not included in the $20, are they? We get to spend $20 in addition to the FQs, right? (If not then, oh boy, am I in trouble!)

It's just as well or my SS would be greatly disappointed! Just this morning I was in the only LQS in my town and FQs are £3.40 ($5.40) each! :rolleyes:

buddy'smom 10-12-2013 02:51 AM

WOW and I thought 3.50 was alot, most of ours run 2.50 -3.50.

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6344279)
It's just as well or my SS would be greatly disappointed! Just this morning I was in the only LQS in my town and FQs are £3.40 ($5.40) each! :rolleyes:

Judith1005 10-12-2013 04:48 AM

Yes, you are so right. I didn't include my fat quarters in the $20. I wasn't clear there. I have bought a couple of "goodies" that were. So sorry for the misunderstanding.

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6344206)
I think we discussed this before... didn't we? The 4 FQs are not included in the $20, are they? We get to spend $20 in addition to the FQs, right? (If not then, oh boy, am I in trouble!)

sunrise450 10-12-2013 04:49 AM

Question...My gift to my santaee comes in two parts, not heavy but still does not fit in even the large box. It is not that big of a deal but I think that I have to mail it in a separete enveloupe. I'm thinking of writing SS on both with a 1 of 2 and 2 of2. Any thoughts on this?
Also, as I understand it, the FQ's are not included in the money portion of your ss gift.
Good morning everyone, have a great day!

Judith1005 10-12-2013 04:53 AM

Oh my, that's almost a heart stopper. I adore fat quarters. Isn't most fabric manufactured in Europe? It's terrible the price you pay for fabric. I don't believe there is a fabric manufacturer left in the U.S. I will have to do a little research on this. Or anyone, feel free to chime in if you so desire.

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6344279)

cuppy 10-12-2013 05:06 AM

The guide lines mention 4 FQ and a gift(s) not to exceed $20 . I am sure the gift can be all fabric. I use the discount coupons at Joann's, Michaels, and Holly Lobby, also I buy on sale . I like the idea sending the local newspaper, great idea. Love those great ideas.

buddy'smom 10-12-2013 05:10 AM

Going to a quilt show today, will be on the look out for goodies for my SS.

Pat625 10-12-2013 05:15 AM

Need one more shopping trip to complete my box- all handmade items done, and a bunch of little gee-gags. Now for the serious quilting item/s and FQ. Been working on stuff and picking up things all year long! Hint: my santee lives South of me---so if you are South of the North Pole, you are in the running~~

CookyIN 10-12-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6344472)
Question...My gift to my santaee comes in two parts, not heavy but still does not fit in even the large box. It is not that big of a deal but I think that I have to mail it in a separete enveloupe. I'm thinking of writing SS on both with a 1 of 2 and 2 of2. Any thoughts on this?
Also, as I understand it, the FQ's are not included in the money portion of your ss gift.
Good morning everyone, have a great day!

That sounds like the perfect solution to me. You've certainly piqued my curiosity with this one -- you're going to have to be sure and let us know what you sent if the recipient doesn't share it with us!