Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

CookyIN 10-01-2013 11:28 PM

Yaaaay the van is fixed -- mcgeeca can use it to make the wine and coconut rum runs! (Rum might be just the ticket to stave off your cold!!)

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6325342)
more names have been put out and I'll put more out later. Process is going slow. I think I'm coming down with a cold and I just don't feel good, but....van is fixed!

CookyIN 10-01-2013 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6325471)
Oh, my! You've had way too much rum! The table, the rum, cocoa, coffee, you, the other ladies and I were already in the hole. My dear, you simply fell off your chair! :shock:

ROFLMAO!!! (Here's how I imagine it: She looks down her nose and says in her most proper British voice --- "My dear, you simply fell off your chair.")

I'm going to remember that one, Neesie. I have a feeling it will apply to many and myriad situations that have absolutely nothing to do with actually physically falling off a chair. No?

CookyIN 10-01-2013 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6325570)
I'm soooo sorry! Well, here's another one. You like something that is found all over the world, but ours can be hairy.

Men!

Do I win?

Cindy60545 10-02-2013 12:55 AM

Well lookee here! I got my name! I'll just say they are north of me. Much colder climate in the winter than here. Now I can go shopping!!

mdall 10-02-2013 02:10 AM

Nessie, I do believe you may be correct. I have simply fell off my chair and now my back side is soar. LOL
Oh well, let the party resume.

M-fay, thanks for the beds, now we can sleep and have something to jump on when we have energy to run off.

As far as the British voice Nessie uses, thats just fine with me. I have many voices and most of them are in my head. (said in that wierd, nutty, oh you know she has lost her mind voice) or was that one in my head also. LOL

Also, I dont have a name yet, I think the others ran out of patience and stole mine while I was busy picking myself up off the floor.

mjsylvstr 10-02-2013 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 6325356)
ok, got my name but she sure didn't give me a whole lot to go on :shock:

same here.....hopefully I can research her and find some more of her likes........would really like to send things that would make her smile upon opening. Good idea someone gave...if one didn't give many likes/dislikes, how about a post for your SS before her shopping day approaches.

thanks, _______, from your SS!

mjsylvstr 10-02-2013 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 6325407)
Thank you...the knees aren't what they used to be.

Tink's mom..started injections yesterday with the "Osteo Relief Institute"...5 weeks, one shot a week........
(should say injection with the HOLE people reading this post, they will be on their way to the institute to fill up on the shots..)
all kidding aside, I am hoping for some knee relief.......don't know if they have them throughout the country but worth a "look-into"

mdall 10-02-2013 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr (Post 6325614)
same here.....hopefully I can research her and find some more of her likes........would really like to send things that would make her smile upon opening. Good idea someone gave...if one didn't give many likes/dislikes, how about a post for your SS before her shopping day approaches.

thanks, _______, from your SS!

Well, I know I gave tons of stuff on my list but just in cast it still wasnt enough her we go.
1. I am easy to please
2. I am a complete nut
3. I dont offend easily and love colorful humor
4. I like all colors except blue
5. I need pattern to challenge myself, usually stick to squares and rectangle so other stuff would work.
5. I dont have a huge stash so fabric works works works
5. I can use gadgets of all sorts, dont have many rulers and listed the ones I want
6. I forgot to put Bargello pattern or book on my list I believe
7. Would love a 1/4 foot for my machine, Brother CS 6000I
8. Just have fun with it
9. Did I say I am easy to please
10. An all expenses paid vaca to an exclusive beach resort would be wonderful. LOL

mdall 10-02-2013 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr (Post 6325617)
Tink's mom..started injections yesterday with the "Osteo Relief Institute"...5 weeks, one shot a week........
(should say injection with the HOLE people reading this post, they will be on their way to the institute to fill up on the shots..)
all kidding aside, I am hoping for some knee relief.......don't know if they have them throughout the country but worth a "look-into"

Speaking on behalf of all the ones in the HOLE, we love shots and hey lets face it injections of some kinds are good too if the are filled with happy juice. LOL

Knitette 10-02-2013 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6325582)
Men!

Do I win?

:shock::shock::shock:
I was going to post a picture as a joke................... Do not ever Google 'Hairy Scottish Man'.......... :eek::eek::eek: