Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Nov 2016 - Feb 2017 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/nov-2016-feb-2017-wall-hanging-swap-t283447.html)

MarionsQuilts 12-01-2016 01:52 PM

Love reading about what everyone is doing ... I have no clue for the next swap!

I'm currently working on one for the Parrot Rescue that I volunteer at. I'm doing embroidered parrots and pineapple blocks ... 5 blocks are the pineapple blocks (thank you paper piecing for helping me look perfect LOL) ... and 4 blocks of embroidered parrots - a cockatoo, an african grey, blue macaw and red macaw (the most popular birds at the rescue!)

I have officially booked my trip for the holidays, so I will be nice and warm, instead of freezing here in ottawa!

look out Peru, here I come!!!! So excited and can hardly wait!

ube quilting 12-01-2016 02:02 PM

Wow, Marion. Have a great time in Peru.

You always come up with wonderful ideas, so there is little to worry about. Enjoy your trip.
peace

MarionsQuilts 12-01-2016 02:11 PM

Thanks Ube!

It's funny because I always travel alone, and have a blast doing so. Turns out, you can go to Peru alone, but you MUST have a guide with you while you are "exploring" .... did not realize that the kidnapping rate of white women was so high.

I'm doing two days in Lima, 2 days in Cuszo - Machhu Pichhu and then 4 days in the Amazon Jungle ... a great adventure I am hoping! (except for the spiders - I'm really not looking forward to seeing those!)

ube quilting 12-01-2016 07:27 PM

I have several friends that have been to Machhu Pichhu and they say wonderful things about the experience. The odds are in your favor not to encounter a spider. I wouldn't like that either but seeing the Amazon would be quite an adventure. Sounds like a wonderful trip.
peace

JNCT14 12-02-2016 07:49 AM

Marion my parents went to Machhu Pichhu several years ago and said it was the best trip by far that they had been on (and they have been EVERYWHERE). My mom says that Quii is delicious......

Belfrybat 12-02-2016 08:11 AM

I'd like to play as well and will send my info in today -- Do we need to make a hanging pocket on the wall hangings?

ube quilting 12-02-2016 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hanging sleeves are not a requirement Belfrybat, but it is nice to add one, or loops. Corner triangles are real easy too. Not everybody adds them. Here is a sample of what I have started to do on my own work.

By cutting out a notch in the sleeve it only takes one nail/ hook to hang it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563058[/ATTACH]
peace

marytoddliz 12-04-2016 11:30 AM

I was going to post a peek at my fabric but when I went to my sewing room to take a picture of it I was overwhelmed with unfinished Christmas projects that have to be finished and delivered by the 18th... So my sneek peek (Easter Bunnies?) will have to wait!

Happy Sewing everyone~
Mary

Anoka Quilter 12-11-2016 08:50 AM

Have never been to Peru, have a great trip Marion.

Anoka Quilter 12-11-2016 08:53 AM

What a great idea Ube, I may also have to start doing that.