Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November 2014 - February 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-2014-february-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t256194.html)

Cogito 12-23-2014 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by JNCT14 (Post 7011735)
There is definitely a Seminole flair to these blocks, Ube, but I think these are just standard 4 patch on a slant. The pattern came from a quilt pattern that is composed of these as panels, with bluework panels in between. I scaled it back to the two panels, with a redwork panel that will go in between. It is surprisingly large - approximately 21"W x 35"H. Here is a picture of all the panels plus top and bottom borders before I put it together. If you look closely at the center panel, you will see the redwork pattern that I am going to hand quilt.

omg jnct14! I've been a little out of touch with this group. I DO plan on participating but holidays are ugly times for me lol. So I am behind....is this what you are making for the swap? It is exquisite. I have mine planned but haven't started. Thank you for upping the ante. Lol!

Cogito 12-23-2014 05:23 PM

Kassaundra your fabric is very intriguing. Looks like it can be used in some exciting ways.

Cogito 12-23-2014 05:25 PM

Sooty I am playing catch up. UBE, I didn't realize you had knee surgery. I hope you are healing nicely! Blessings to you.

Cogito 12-23-2014 05:49 PM

Lol, sorry about the typo above. Darn auto spell! It was supposed to be "sorry".
K, i took another look at your fabric and it reminds me of a flowing stream in the winter when snow makes everything white. Lovely fabric!

Kassaundra 12-23-2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 7019436)
Lol, sorry about the typo above. Darn auto spell! It was supposed to be "sorry".
K, i took another look at your fabric and it reminds me of a flowing stream in the winter when snow makes everything white. Lovely fabric!

I can see that in it, it is a shiny or actually more of a luster that would add to that effect. What the picture doesn't show is the fabric has an ever so slight pink sheen, and not in a bad pink way either. I absolutely LOVE this fabric. I've had it for a while trying to figure out exactly what to do w/ it. I think this will be a good use of some of it. I think I found a nice bright magenta pink that will go nicely w/ it for the idea I have.

Kassaundra 12-23-2014 07:48 PM

Oh and I've been playing w/ shapes and I was thinking offset oval, but now think I've settled on trapezoid.

JNCT14 12-24-2014 01:46 AM

Thats pretty!

Kassaundra 12-24-2014 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the basic shape and size, the background magenta pink will be the second color used. Both fabrics have texture and sheen, but not actual "shine"

JNCT14 12-24-2014 12:52 PM

wow that is an awesome combination - can't wait to see the final piece!

Rhonda 12-24-2014 03:03 PM

Wonderful lovely colors and fabrics.