Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

koko 11-09-2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 4656608)
As of this morning we have had 42 packages mailed and 17 received. Don't forget the mail date is 11-14 for within the United States. Yikes that is THIS coming Monday!!!

and Friday is a holiday so no mail

fayzer 11-09-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 4656722)
I hate to have to keep adding to this because I think it would make it look gaudy

To make a quilt size, you really need another row or two of 9 squares. They, why don't you add a 2" border maybe in purple and then a piano key border in the same fabrics that you have already used. If you are like me, you don't have enough fabric to do all that! That would be my luck. This is a really pretty top.

onaemtnest 11-09-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 4656589)
Onalee I think that the fully displayed tool box shows up when you click on "quote reply"

Hi Lori...

When I click Reply with quote, then it takes me to toggles that offer Go Advanced...or Quick Reply. When I click Advanced I get all three rows HOWEVER the only toggles that are highlighted with print are font, font size, color font. Now if I move the cursor over the other boxes then there is print, temporarily that shows me what the toggle is for. I must have some button in my personal checked or something that won't allow the toggles to show the print?????

Thanks for helping me resolve this....baffling to me! :)

mscupid804 11-09-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 4656954)
To make a quilt size, you really need another row or two of 9 squares. They, why don't you add a 2" border maybe in purple and then a piano key border in the same fabrics that you have already used. If you are like me, you don't have enough fabric to do all that! That would be my luck. This is a really pretty top.

No Faye, I don't have enough of the fabric left because I already thought about that!:( I feel like asking my daughter to come over and look at it and tell me herself what she wants.

Patty Patches 11-09-2011 08:31 AM

I sent my sp package out this morning.Your zip code adds up to 21.

onaemtnest 11-09-2011 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 4656722)
I hate to have to keep adding to this because I think it would make it look gaudy

That is so impressive...it took some real planning not to include any of the same fabrics in a row...My feeble brain has never figured Sudoko it's like all the gears in my brain come to a grinding halt!

onaemtnest 11-09-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 4656954)

I agree...another row or two of the 9 patches...separated by inner borders??? Even if you don't have the same fabric it would be interesting to see it with compatible colored blocks of different fabrics....besides all Sudoko (sic) games are different right?

I still think it's an impressive layout by making sure there are no two fabrics in alignment. Well done my friend....

mscupid804 11-09-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 4657046)
That is so impressive...it took some real planning not to include any of the same fabrics in a row...My feeble brain has never figured Sudoko it's like all the gears in my brain come to a grinding halt!

Thx Onalee BUT I had a grid I was following!:shock:

mscupid804 11-09-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 4657073)
I agree...another row or two of the 9 patches...separated by inner borders??? Even if you don't have the same fabric it would be interesting to see it with compatible colored blocks of different fabrics....besides all Sudoko (sic) games are different right?

I still think it's an impressive layout by making sure there are no two fabrics in alignment. Well done my friend....

Sure would be nice IF I had the fabrics! LOL

Kellie G 11-09-2011 08:50 AM

My 2 packages went out yesterday, but I was thinking before sealing them "What am I forgetting?":cool: I even emptied both boxes and still couldn't think of what was missing......until I read Hoppa's post....:mad: I FORGOT THE NOTE!!! in both of them...so secret pals when you get a package from Kellie in Michigan....it's from me:o