Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

grumpy90650 11-15-2011 06:52 PM

hi everyone....my very patient hubby and i have been trying to post some pics for the last 1/2 hour.....no go!! i got the nicest package from hoppa, and wanted to post some pics......he sent me the greatest stuff!!! a scarecrow for my holiday table, some sewing machine needles and a large package of hand sewing needles...a journal (never can have too many of those)....some small lint rollers (my special wish!!), and my favorite candy bar......also sent me the cutest snowman mug rug with some hot chocolate in the pocket and a snowman cup to go with it!!.......it is sooooo cute, i just love it....he also sent me some fall leaves fabric, and some fall leaves with some birds in the leaves fabric....i just love that fabric!!!!!...thanks so much, it made me very very happy, and glad to be in these swaps!!!....gina

koko 11-15-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Juli (Post 4683764)
I am so mad the item that I bought for my SPs for this month was just shipped off to yesterday. I ordered it at the end of Oct, so I would have it for my two NOV SPs. They called me saying they would be out and won't have it for two weeks, I got the email yesterday, telling me that my order is now in has been shipped.......so I should have it tomorrow.........So my two Dec SPS now will be getting this item instead...

Don't keep us in suspense....what is it???

Crafty Darlene 11-15-2011 07:47 PM

Hey everybody just stopping by to say "Hi". Been kinda a bad day here. DH came home and said he was laid off today. Bad time of the year for that to happen. But then again any time is a bad time! Say a prayer for us. Not complaining we're probably better off than alot of others.
I'm trying to decorate my house for all our company. My DIL and Gdaughter will be here Sat. and then DS, DD and her family come in on Tues. My extended family comes here on Wed. somewhere around 45 - 50 people. I think I've already told you all this but my extended family, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and kids celebrate Christmas together after Thanksgiving dinner, so then we all stay home with our immediate family during Christmas. Thank goodness no gifts to exchange just ornaments and I've already bought mine and a few extras, in case we have some unexpected guests. Keep me in your prayers that I hold it all together and get this stuff done and don't stress out about job situation.
Now good stuff... just checked again to make sure my SP pkg was delivered, and it was at 3:36 yesterday so hope she received it and liked it.

fayzer 11-15-2011 08:12 PM

Darlene,

I sure hate to hear about your DH. You and your family are in my prayers. I know Thanksgiving with be a mad house with so many kin folk around. Staying busy does help. Try not to stress.

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 4684542)
Hey everybody just stopping by to say "Hi". Been kinda a bad day here. DH came home and said he was laid off today. Bad time of the year for that to happen. But then again any time is a bad time! Say a prayer for us. Not complaining we're probably better off than alot of others.
I'm trying to decorate my house for all our company. My DIL and Gdaughter will be here Sat. and then DS, DD and her family come in on Tues. My extended family comes here on Wed. somewhere around 45 - 50 people. I think I've already told you all this but my extended family, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and kids celebrate Christmas together after Thanksgiving dinner, so then we all stay home with our immediate family during Christmas. Thank goodness no gifts to exchange just ornaments and I've already bought mine and a few extras, in case we have some unexpected guests. Keep me in your prayers that I hold it all together and get this stuff done and don't stress out about job situation.
Now good stuff... just checked again to make sure my SP pkg was delivered, and it was at 3:36 yesterday so hope she received it and liked it.

3NorwichTerr 11-15-2011 08:14 PM

I've been away from the list for a week or more and am still catching up.

Loved the tip about changing the number of posts displayed at a time -- that makes it a lot easier to catch up. But that means if someone refers to a page of the post we may not all be looking the same place. Reference to the post number would fix that.

I receive my package from quiltymom yesterday. I successfully posted a picture once. Will try again. :-) Package included fat quarters in my favorite colors, Christmas ornaments, goodies for the fur babies (they didn't wait until Christmas to eat their candy canes), a hand made wallet, a hanging dish towel, a yummy chocolate candle and a few other cool things. Pay no attention to the fact that the bag of chocolate appears to be opened before the photo was taken. It is an optical illusion. But I'd have to say I never tried the Lindt milk chocolate truffles before but they may be my new favorite. :-)

lauriejo 11-15-2011 08:15 PM

I think tomorrow I am going to have to call my post office. I mailed my package to my SP on the 10th, and according to the tracking it just left the post office today! No wonder mail is so slow.

3NorwichTerr 11-15-2011 08:19 PM

okay...gotta go back and read the directions again...maybe tomorrow 'cause it's bedtime.

Lori Peercy 11-15-2011 08:24 PM

I show 116 packages have been mailed and 63 received. We had 153 in the swap this month so that means that we have 37 people who have not mailed or who have not informed me that they mailed hmmmmm.....

Jan Rutherford 11-15-2011 08:25 PM

HEY DARLENE: YOU and family have our prayers for peace and blessings through a tough transtional time. Been down this road with my hubby, (about 10 yrs. ago.) and somehow things work out. Blessings may be smalll but very meaningful. Enjoy the CROWD coming for THANKSGIVING....

Airwick156 11-15-2011 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received my secret pal package today from Dyer804. Thank you so very much. She sent me 3 piecies of brown fabric, bag of red licorice that I just happened to "share" with my sewing group, A butterly hair clip that is just gorgeous, a wrist pin cushion, and butterfly note cards and a pack of colorful flowerhead pins and a little cookbook of desserts. Thank you so very much Dyer. :)) I will try to attach a picture...but as most of us know....that may not happen. LOL