Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October to November Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-november-table-runner-swap-t282683.html)

marietta 12-11-2016 08:42 AM

Both very pretty, love em. Thanks for posting pics

Northern Sue 12-11-2016 08:59 AM

Love the runners! Can't wait to see more!

jaba 12-11-2016 09:12 AM

Glad you like it Anoka, I loved making it for you. Waiting for mine to arrive so I can use it...

ube quilting 12-11-2016 12:40 PM

Hey jaba, I was wondering, knowing you spend winter in FL, is your mail automatically forwarded from WY? There are many people who go south in winter and was wondering how to go about having mail sent to a second home. Thanks for any info you could share.
peace

jaba 12-11-2016 02:38 PM

For the swaps I just put in the new address, lots of people have the mail forwarded but I bought prepaid envelopes and are having our house sitter mail the extra to us. Other than that I have auto withdraw on "important " stuff on my bank account

Belfrybat 12-13-2016 05:36 AM

Both table runners look fabulous. I especially like the one with stars.

I have a question for those who shipped overseas from the US. What method did you use? I just shipped a lightweight package (under a pound) to Canada and the cheapest rate I found was $15.xx. It would have been over $22.00 to send to Australia or Europe. That seems excessive to me.

marietta 12-13-2016 07:37 AM

I've shipped several times to UK, Ireland and most recently to Germany. Because of the weight all went priority, least expensive Uk, most expensive Ireland. I can't remember how much any were except the latest to my nephew in Germany, the package was 7 lb and it cost $60.65 :shock::D And yes lol it was more expensive to ship him his goody Christmas box than the stuff I crammed in there ha. But for me....I knew aprox cost before I signed up to ship international ( I worked for years as the asst manager of a fabric store and oversaw the shipping dept) I plan and budget lol....Is why it takes/took me so long to sign up for anything.
Today I am shipping a box to Austin for my best friend , she had to go up, her daughter had an emergency c-section and she's needing to stay awhile, anyway am shipping her clothes and meds, etc.....Now the drive to Austin from my house is roughly 4 hrs.... By the time i get thru standing in line and paying to have it shipped at USPS, it will have cost more, I'm sure than any international I've ever sent...Cheaper to just drive it up LOL (The times I have shipped stateside from UPS...well it has always been more expensive than USPS and the closest UPS to me is about 30 to 40 min away.)
Nowadays everything is expensive. I couldn't send overseas all the time...But a couple of times a year...Yes.
Sorry I know I rambled more than answered your question lol.

Anoka Quilter 12-13-2016 10:45 AM

I get more partners overseas than Canada put it usually cost me between $22-$30 to mail over the pond. Again, I don't do it all the time, but I do try to say yes at least 3-4 times a year. I figure it is only fair to take my turn.

In doing the ornament swap I mailed out two lightweight envelopes as prizes overseas and each one cost me $13.50. One was to Australia and another to Ireland.

The table runner I just mailed overseas cost $22.50.

I do find that the USPS is the cheapest. Forget Fed-Ex. You will have a heart attack when they tell you the amount.

ekuw 12-13-2016 12:11 PM

I finally found this thread! I kept looking for the the thread that was a call to participate in the Christmas/Holiday runner swap so I could comment, but could not find it. At any rate I received my runner from lovethemgreys, but am having difficulty getting a picture to post. Will work on that again. Her runner was absolutely amazing so I have to share. Ube, I am so glad you like the runner! I know it was simple, but I had a limited amount of that Christmas fabric that matched:-)

m-fay 12-15-2016 03:27 AM

my runner has arrived in the country it was bound for. That took 13 days. so its almost there.