Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October to November Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-november-table-runner-swap-t282683.html)

ube quilting 12-19-2016 10:01 AM

Is there I sign up for the next table runner swap yet. I haven't started one yet but want to play again. PM'd Caroline.

m-fay 12-19-2016 03:22 PM

I've just pm'd too

Northern Sue 12-19-2016 04:32 PM

Plus 40 degrees m-fay??? Now that's just mean! lol Apparently its warming up tomorrow to about -17 but the wind is crazy tonight, so it definitely won't be bikini weather! As if this body has seen a bikini in decades! LMAO!

m-fay 12-20-2016 12:53 AM

It only got to 39 celsius and now the sea breeze has come in and its dropped to 31.4 celsius. I guess you'll have a white Christmas? you'll have to post a picture of the countryside where you live.

ube quilting 12-20-2016 04:46 AM

Just the thought of a sea breeze in summer is dreamy.

Belfrybat 12-20-2016 10:18 AM

I am the proud recipient of the runner by Northern Sue! It is wonderful and the FMQ is so fine. It looks like she quilted each 5" square separately. And I love that it isn't the traditional Christmas colours -- it will be useful for all of winter. I will post a pic in a couple of hours -- my computer is being obnoxious today and isn't recognizing my camera. I really do not like Windows 10.

CarolinePaj 12-20-2016 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7723031)
I am the proud recipient of the runner by Northern Sue! It is wonderful and the FMQ is so fine. It looks like she quilted each 5" square separately. And I love that it isn't the traditional Christmas colours -- it will be useful for all of winter. I will post a pic in a couple of hours -- my computer is being obnoxious today and isn't recognizing my camera. I really do not like Windows 10.

I agree.... Windows 10 sucks! I also agree that Sue's work is beautiful.... I am the proud owner of one of her runners!!!

Hugs

Caroline

Belfrybat 12-20-2016 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I pulled out my trusty Windows XP machine, downloaded the pics for this and two other swaps effortlessly, re-sized them and transferred to this computer. What a pain! But here is the pic of the wonderful table runner I received from Sue. Since my table is half quilting board and half "Christmas central" I decided to hang it above the sink in the kitchen. I don't have any windows in there, so like to have a bright wall hanging above the sink. I love the fact this has non-traditional colours and can be used all winter. Thanks so much, Sue!
BTW, the detail of the stippling is fantastic. Much more intricate that I would ever tackle, and this was her first FMQ project. She's a pro already!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564141[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 12-21-2016 07:58 AM

That's really pretty. love the fabrics she used.

marietta 12-21-2016 08:27 AM

Great Runner, love it.