Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-pincushion-needlecase-swap-signup-closes-september-30-a-t254235.html)

nhnative 10-18-2014 11:05 AM

That spider pincushion from Mrs.Shak is so cute. Great job on the wallet Mary. Rosemary I hope you are feeling better.
It was raining on and off today and the high was 47. I did go to 2 craft fairs and now I have so many ideas that my head is going to explode. Also was on Pinterest. That site is so addicting. Too bad I never have time to make things. I did see someone had made a snap bag and she said she only uses expensive metal rulers as the cheaper ones break. Has anyone had a problem with them.

lynnie 10-18-2014 12:14 PM

never had a problem, always use the dollar store ones.
It's about 71 here today, a bit overcast, but nice have some windows open.
tonight on is to be colder and more seasonal.
Mary, tell your sister we're praying for her speedy recovery.

Ladybug 1938 10-18-2014 03:47 PM

Sis love your wallet,,,,,, I like the color aqua in case you are inspired again... Lynnie feeling better and sleeping great, but sure get tired fast... Groceries this AM and then lunch and pretty good nap, few calls and dinner and now am zapped, ready for bed....

lawsonmugs 10-18-2014 04:03 PM

Susan I had made a wallet from a pattern and the check book sat in it upside down from the way I have it now,so when I opened my wallet I had to grab the bottom so my checkbook wouldn't fall out. I used that wallet the last 3 yrs and I am tired of it. So I designed what I wanted from expierence of the last one. Sis hope you are resting.Don't make me come all the way to Florida. Are you going to join us next month Susan? Good night everyone.

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-18-2014 05:12 PM

Great little spider! Mary that is a nice wallet. You could make us all one. Lol The pc I made has a long way to travel. It should arrive tuesday.

lawsonmugs 10-19-2014 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 6934222)
Great little spider! Mary that is a nice wallet. You could make us all one. Lol The pc I made has a long way to travel. It should arrive tuesday.

Keep an eye on your mailbox,I'm sure I sent everyone a wallet. lol.

lynnie 10-19-2014 10:59 AM

I'll be waiting for mine LOL :)
I think i'm dropping out till Januaryou read.
My dh company i cutting everyone's salary by 20%
yes, you read that right. the only thing worse than that is
the stockbrokers are still getting their Million dollar bonuses.
Yes!!! that's right. they feel they can't loose their stockbrokers, but who gives
a &#!T about the rest of the company. Still hosting a dinner for everyone, just
kind of a burn to all the loyal employees. My dh has been there 29 years, and he gets a cut.
I guess it's better than being unemployed. So i'll wait and see what's happening at his job.
I'll need to cut all unecessaries, and swaps are not a neccesity.

lawsonmugs 10-19-2014 11:09 AM

Lynnie they are a necessity. Really I'm sorry. Large companys only see there profits and bonuses. They forget without the employees they make zero. Hope things turn around for your husband. Keep the faith. Hugs Mary

nhnative 10-19-2014 11:18 AM

Sorry to hear that Lynnie. My son got laid of from his good job and on Monday he starts 8 weeks of school for different things. They approved his grant for $20,000. Now I have to babysit. The economy really stinks out there.
I'm with you Mary, I think they are a necessity.

nhnative 10-19-2014 11:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I forgot to post some pics I took today. It was really nice out but only 50.