Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Postcard Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-postcard-swap-t282340.html)

Judith1005 10-23-2016 04:55 PM

K-Roll, Plumtree, that is a fantastic card. It has dimension and movement. Sweet!!!

Plumtree, I will mark my received list.

Judith1005 10-23-2016 05:25 PM

Just curious because no pictures have been posted, Judee0624, dotcomdtcm, and Quilty-Louise, What were your words? I have all of you as received.

Quilty-Louise 10-23-2016 06:25 PM

I guess my picture got lost in cyber space. Started moving some
stuff around and this it may have gotten put into a box (I had it
on my desk which is what I cleaned).

Will pull the box out to see if it is there (I deleted the picture after posting).

I haven't heard from Dotty on where she got mine or not.

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7683899)
Just curious because no pictures have been posted, Judee0624, dotcomdtcm, and Quilty-Louise, What were your words? I have all of you as received.

Judith1005 10-23-2016 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 7683960)
I guess my picture got lost in cyber space. Started moving some
stuff around and this it may have gotten put into a box (I had it
on my desk which is what I cleaned).

Will pull the box out to see if it is there (I deleted the picture after posting).

I haven't heard from Dotty on where she got mine or not.

Maybe I made a mistake. I do have her marked down as received. But, when I checked my inbox, I do not have a pm from her confirming that. I will re-check the Postcard Thread to see if it is posted there. I apologize that you have not heard more from your partner. I will follow up with a personal message to her.

Judith1005 10-24-2016 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7684025)
Maybe I made a mistake. I do have her marked down as received. But, when I checked my inbox, I do not have a pm from her confirming that. I will re-check the Postcard Thread to see if it is posted there. I apologize that you have not heard more from your partner. I will follow up with a personal message to her.

Dotty pm'd me, she is out of town till Wednesday and will get in touch with us then.

Judith1005 10-24-2016 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received my Postcard today. And it is top notch. Dove gave it such movement with the quilting and fabrics. I truly look at it and think of leaves caught up in a gust of wind. [ATTACH=CONFIG]560981[/ATTACH] Thank you Dove. I love it!

Judith1005 10-24-2016 03:15 PM

Ladies, Can I remind you, that it is nice to leave a feedback score for your partner. It only takes a couple of minutes. To do this,

1. Find a comment your partner has made. (A post to the board. There is usually at least one on the swap thread.)
2. You will see your partners, name, avatar(photo, if they have one.), location, posts, blog entries(if they've made any) and last, but not least, you will see Feedback Score.
3. Click on the little blue number.
4. Off to the right hand side of the page, you will see in blue "Submit Feedback for (your partners board name.)"
5. Click on it. Just go down the list and answer the questions and leave a comment. Chances are unless you are new, they will already have some type of feedback already left for them.
6. Don't forget to click submit on the bottom right to complete your feedback.

I do this for everyone of my partners. It lets hosts and other board member know what wonderful swappers you are. By the same token, negative feedback can be left as well. I urge you to only leave negative feedback for someone, if a situation really really warrants it. It is not to be take lightly.

miriam 10-24-2016 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first post card was sent out early and never made it. After waiting quite a while, I decided to make another post card. This one was made on a vintage Emdeko sewing machine made by Toyota. I was sewing through layers and layers and that machine didn't even hick up. The case looks like it went through a flood. Ssoooo it was a rust bucket on the bottom side but I was able to salvage it. I'm very glad I did. Then my hubby picked up that Singer 115 and I had to play with it so I made another post card - the one that says VOTE so CTYankee got 2 out of 3 PCs.
Here is my post card and the nose of the Emdeko.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560984[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 10-24-2016 03:41 PM

She's a beauty Miriam. Another fun card and I can just make out your word. It is perfect for the design of the postcard. I'm thinking that someone else thought so also. That was might nice of you to whip up another and get it out. Maybe this one will eventually turn up. On occasion, some of the cards have taken awhile to get there.

miriam 10-24-2016 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7684630)
She's a beauty Miriam. Another fun card and I can just make out your word. It is perfect for the design of the postcard. I'm thinking that someone else thought so also. That was might nice of you to whip up another and get it out. Maybe this one will eventually turn up. On occasion, some of the cards have taken awhile to get there.

The word was vibrancy and was received as was VOTE. Vibrancy & VOTE were mailed the same day but received on different days.
The first one I sent mailed back in September is still AWOL and was an IRIS on some coordinating stripe. Both were drapery samples so one of a kind. The word was elequence which apparently is what iris means as far as flower language goes.