Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-sept-30th-4pm-cdst-t201379.html)

starshine 10-05-2012 09:21 PM

Oh No Lauriejo, I was so glad to see you back here. Well I guess that means you won't be the SP for any of us :eek: oh well that makes the guessing easier by one.
sorry -now when you find your brain get a bonnet and tie it on so you can get in on the fun next month.

shortmom5 10-05-2012 09:38 PM

This is so fun! Son came home from college for the weekend and that has happily put a wrench in my making a handmade item. Hopefully I can work on it when he takes a nap, just like when he was little. lol SP hasn't posted so not sure if she is reading, but here is a hint, she's a grandmother.

hikingquilter 10-06-2012 05:02 AM

OK, I've never posted during the waiting period before. Actually didn't know y'all were doing this until a few weeks ago! Anyway, my sp for this month lives west of me (lol! I live in MA!) and we share a liking for a certain type of fabric.

SharonAnne 10-06-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by hikingquilter (Post 5565585)
OK, I've never posted during the waiting period before. Actually didn't know y'all were doing this until a few weeks ago! Anyway, my sp for this month lives west of me (lol! I live in MA!) and we share a liking for a certain type of fabric.

I MUST be your SP partner since I am VERY west of you in CA. And since I like pretty much all fabrics, I'm a shoe-in. Plus, my DD's email is Hikinmama so we must also be related. Seriously, welcome to the SP Swap - good to see you posting. Some funny comments (and we share the sad ones, too) come across here. You'll enjoy following the banter and the clues. In fact my SP package is going across country this month, so you could possibly be my SP, as you are about as far away as it gets. Happy weekend.

SharonAnne 10-06-2012 06:49 AM

If anyone is going to next weekend's Pacific International Quilt Fest at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California, I'd love to meet you and have a cup of coffee at the snack area. If there's enough maybe we could get a group together for a little bit. It takes ALL day to look at all the pretties and I wouldn't want to hold anyone up. Saturday 10/14, sometime - maybe lunch time - 1 PM?

SharonAnne 10-06-2012 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am trying to use up some of my many, many skeins of yarn. Currently, I am crocheting a very pretty hooded cowl - out of a honey, wheat color (neutral). Would any of you in cold country appreciate this in an SP package, or are quilted items more appropriate? I'm hoping my SP partner responds to this post...although it may have to be sent after the deadline. The rest of the package will be sent on time. Or, I could wait until November to see if I get another snowbird as an SP if I don't get it done timely.

Up North 10-06-2012 07:17 AM

Wow that is very pretty! Love the color of it!

jaba 10-06-2012 08:04 AM

ooh golden brown, very pretty. You can send it to me SharonAnne, I will make good use of it. Whomever receives it will love it!

SEGASAL 10-06-2012 08:21 AM

OHHH that is so cool... I could of used that this morning on my morning walk with meadow.

luvstoquilt 10-06-2012 09:00 AM

I would love it, Sharon Anne....It is getting colder here by the day and that is beautiful!