Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   One Pair Pieced & Quilted Placemat Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/one-pair-pieced-quilted-placemat-swap-t174889.html)

JuneBillie 02-26-2012 07:37 PM

TanyaL they are all so beautiful. You have been very busy. You did very nice work. Your swap partner will be very happy. Thank you for showing them to all. Everyone has done a very good job on their placemats. They are all so pretty. This is so much fun. I have been doing a bit more. I will post when finished before mail out date. I know many are also working on other projects. I have been too, but for family. I have 2 sisters with birthdays this month. I finished one, but the other sister's birthday is this week.

abdconsultant 02-27-2012 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL (Post 5011547)
The bottom 2 pictures are the front of the middle picture. I didn't like them, so I made the top ones. The top ones have a red fabric with teapots on the back. They'll go in the mail tomorrow. Happy placemat day! Tanya

Great mats, your partner is lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sewjoyce 02-27-2012 03:34 PM

And I'm Tanya's partner!!!! Am I a lucky dog or what??????????????? hehee:D

Tanya, I LOVE them all!!!!!!!!!!!

TanyaL 02-27-2012 04:11 PM

Thanks for the compliment. I so truly do appreciate it. Tanya

jaciqltznok 02-27-2012 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have mine for Donna ready to go out...
HOpe she likes them!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]316040[/ATTACH]
Tea for two!
I used vintage crochet trim from pillowcases for the table cloth over lay, felt for the wall hangings, and some hot fix crystals for BLING!
Donna wanted BLUE...Which is funny, because it is the one color that is NOT easily found in my stash, yet, I had all of these!
I really enjoyed making these!

TanyaL 02-27-2012 10:07 PM

Great look placemats. I think she will probably love them. Wonderful job.

JuneBillie 02-28-2012 01:38 AM

Jacquie Those are so lovely. I really like the vintage lace you used, and the cross and touch of bling. I have always liked the tea cups. Your partner will certainly love these placemats.

sewjoyce 02-28-2012 04:52 AM

Beautiful placemats Jackie....never would have thought to use crystals on them....

sewjoyce 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics of Tanya's placemats (I was trying for "elegant" but didn't achieve the look I wanted but I hope she likes them anyway...)

JuneBillie 02-28-2012 10:31 AM

SewJoyce - Your placemats are very pretty, and unique. I am sure your swap partner will absolutely love them. You did a wonderful job. Everyone has had so much fun. Geez, I have had a hard time getting here late last night , and this morning. Maybe it has straightened out now.

MaryMo your placemats are going in the mail in a few minutes. lol......I can tell you right now that there are plenty of mishaps, especially when it came to a binding. I have never put any type of binding on before. I did my best. I hope you can live with them. lol.... They are pretty sturdy though, because of all my extra sewing and quilting. I still had so much fun, and I learn more every time I make something else. I sure hope these swaps are also for people like me who are being challenged too get their feet wet and go for it.