Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Pretty Valentine's Swap ....Sign ups to close december 30th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/pretty-valentines-swap-sign-ups-close-december-30th-t153002.html)

RedGarnet222 01-20-2012 09:38 AM

This is the second fire like this in six weeks. The other one was over the mountain from me just NW of where I live. The smoke blanketed the whole area. I wonder if that is the smoke everyone smelled last swap?

I really hope our friend's house wasn't one that got burned. He is on vacation in taos, NM right now and his house was in the burn area. Another man that works for my hubby lost his house to the ground in this one last night. It is so very sad!

QuilterMomma 01-20-2012 10:33 AM

You know, that could be because they said smelled like smoke and you do not do the cigs. so sorry about your husbands co worker. That is sad.

oldcatlady 01-20-2012 01:54 PM

I tried the water and white vinegar that mariposa pm'd me about on my xmas blocks and it worked!!! :) :) :) I got to really look at my blocks after the smell was gone and they are all sooo pretty. Everyone is so talented! And the variety! I would never have had that if I was making my own quilts. I can't wait to make a couple of lap quilts out of them!

RedGarnet222 01-20-2012 02:34 PM

That is funny oldcatlady... I had to buy some white vinagar yesterday. I had bought some embroidered blocks from this lady on e bay and after almost completing the baby top, I noticed that the block I had scortched and had hand washed had run pink from the cheap thread all over it! OMG!! I was so mad I could bite nails! I am trying the water and white vinegar spray to set the dye before they run in the wash. Crossing fingers this works! I have set dye before like this, so I am praying this works. I haven't decided wether I will complain about this or not. She is not a good seller it took her three and a half weeks to even get the to me in the first place! Well enough complaining ... LOL!

The point is, the white vinegar sets most dyes. We will see on these.

Muse&Sew 01-21-2012 01:47 PM

RedGarnet222 so sorry about the fires! That is something that can be very scary. Hope all is well with you.

I received my blocks in the mail & I have to admit I'm so thrilled with every ones blocks. I love all the pastel colors, the paper-pieced hearts, cute cupids, embroidery, & applique blocks. Very festive. Thank-you!

QuilterMomma 01-21-2012 02:35 PM

Wonder if mine are here. WIll have to go out in the snow and check. When I am done working on a quilt I am LA right now.

RedGarnet222 01-21-2012 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bbemerald (Post 4896898)
RedGarnet222 so sorry about the fires! That is something that can be very scary. Hope all is well with you.

I received my blocks in the mail & I have to admit I'm so thrilled with every ones blocks. I love all the pastel colors, the paper-pieced hearts, cute cupids, embroidery, & applique blocks. Very festive. Thank-you!

I am so happy to hear from you Bbemerald that you recieved the blocks and are happy with them. I really had fun with this swap, like you said, the blocks were all so nice and the talent was really flowing freely.

The fires are pretty much out last I heard. It has been raining and snowing alot in the last 24 hours, so thank god it has a good chance of being out now.

It is amazing how many people we know who live in this burn area.

hoppa 01-22-2012 07:53 AM

we received our blocks yesterday and they are wonderful. All different varities and now to plan what will be made with them after I get a quilt done. Thank you Red for hosting this.

RedGarnet222 01-22-2012 11:20 AM

Your welcome hoppa. I need to make plans to meet with you to get my mom's platter from you. OK?

Judith1005 01-23-2012 09:00 AM

Pretty Valentines!!

2 Attachment(s)
Redgarnet, Thank you so much for hosting this swap. I had so much fun. I received my blocks today. And I just want to say thank you to everyone I received blocks from. They are fantastic. I can't wait to start working on them and put them into a lap size quilt. I thought I'd share with you the wonderful blocks I received.