Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

sewred 01-06-2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5761869)
How big is it? How big were the original squares? Are they cotton or blends, etc? What age are the fabrics? It looks like it's crib size right now. What do you want to do with it when it's done?

I don't remember what size it is . I will have to get it out and measure again. I'm not sure what types but I believe they are blends. I had posted pictures a while back and think the fabrics are from the 50's to the 70's but not sure. I think it may be crib size. I want to make a throw for our couch as I cover up and fall asleep watching tv sometimes. hee hee!

Foxflower 01-06-2013 10:28 AM

Well sewred, I have some 4.5" squares from the same era that you may have if you like. They were given to me and I don't have a specific project for them. If they would help you finish your project as you want it I would be happy to send them to you. I threw some away I thought might be blends but some that I kept may be as well. Most are brights, then there are some blue floral prints and a purple print. There is a big stack of coordinating florals. The flowers are the same and there are 3 different background colors, a red, a green, and a blue. Again they are bright and there is enough to make a good size quilt with them. Those I believe are a blend (didn't wrinkle when I washed and dried them) and are vibrant 70s colors. PM me if any of these appeal to you.

javin22 01-06-2013 11:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I wanted to post my orphan blocks that I would like to swap. These were blocks made for swaps and we didn't have enough participate so we got our own blocks back. I have one of the Christmas Geese, 4 of the middle one, it is called the Salt Lake City Block, and 2 of the Leaves and Diamonds block. These are 12 1/2 inch blocks. I would like to see what others have to swap if you could please post them. Thanks, Vinae

Boop56 01-06-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by javin22 (Post 5766916)
I wanted to post my orphan blocks that I would like to swap. These were blocks made for swaps and we didn't have enough participate so we got our own blocks back. I have one of the Christmas Geese, 4 of the middle one, it is called the Salt Lake City Block, and 2 of the Leaves and Diamonds block. These are 12 1/2 inch blocks. I would like to see what others have to swap if you could please post them. Thanks, Vinae

PM me. I will swapp with you. I have orphane christmas and fall. Thanks!

Boop56 01-06-2013 01:45 PM

Has anyone mentioned using scrapes and making what they call 'dryer sheet' quilts?

Annaquilts 01-06-2013 02:10 PM

May I suggest using something else for foundation then the dryer sheets. They are highly flamable and many people are severely allergic to dryer sheets/fabric softner.

ssnare 01-06-2013 02:29 PM

I do not know what "dryer sheet" quilts. I have orphan blocks I would like to trade. Some are spring, some are Christmas and others. I have Christmas blocks: ( 4) 12 1/2", (2) 9 1/2", (1) 6/12". Spring blocks: (13) 12 1/", (4) 9 1/2", (1) 8", (3) 6 1/2". Misc.: (3) 121/2", (2) 9 1/2", (9) 6 1/2", (4) 5", and (3) 4 1/2" blocks I would like to trade. If someone wants to trade, please let me know.

javin22 01-06-2013 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a scrappy that I have been working on. It is really easy and it just takes a 1 1/4 inch strip of two colors to make two 6 inch blocks. If anyone is interested, I could give more details. It is great for small left overs. Or if you have 2 1/2 inch jelly roll strips you could cut two in half lengthwise. I just love the contrast and pattern it creates.

Annaquilts 01-06-2013 04:04 PM

Lovely javin22 Could you posted a tute on his thread how to make these blocks?

javin22 01-06-2013 04:53 PM

Yes, I wonder if we can put a video on here. I will figure something out if not. This block is called night and day and it is from an old quick quilts magazine. I will see what I can do in the next few days.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5767472)
Lovely javin22 Could you posted a tute on his thread how to make these blocks?