Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

ladynredd 03-04-2013 01:04 PM

vickig626, I just got back from a quilting retreat and one of the retreaters was making large Christmas stockings using Christmas prints and the small twister block ruler. You could make up the "quilt" then use any Christmas stocking pattern you liked. Sorry I can't give you any more information than that, I had my back to her and was working hard on my own projects, but I thought I'd throw out the idea ...

Muse&Sew 03-04-2013 03:27 PM

Hi Rhonda, You can sign-me up for the Gifties & Goodies swap. I CANNOT Ship Internationally.
Thanks!

Rhonda 03-04-2013 04:01 PM

Gifties and Goodies Swap

Come on and sign up for a Gifties and Goodies Swap!! Mail date is March 15th. That gives you 2 weeks to make a small gift or item of any kind. It should be quilt related and I would like to see scraps used but you don't have to. Anything goes!! We don't care what skill level you are!! We love anything made by you! I love knowing the gift was in your hands before I received it! So jump in and share the fun!!! Sign up will NOT close. You can sign up until the mail date as long as you have something ready to mail by Mar 15th.

Welcome ladies to the Gifties and Goodies swap!! Such a fun name! Come on everyone jump in and use up some scraps!! Let me know if you can send overseas please!

We're up to 11 now!! Whoo-hoo!! Can't wait to see what everyone makes!

1. Lynnie
2. ljbtexas
3. abdconsultant
4. Wardy74
5. Foxflower
6. Everose
7. cjr
8. carrot
9. Annaquilts
10SandyinZ4
11Bbemerald

lynnie 03-04-2013 04:17 PM

This is gonna be B I G.
Lets see if we can get up to 16 of us. Tell your friends, neighbors and fellow stitchers!!!!

goldendog55 03-04-2013 07:12 PM

I won't be able to play for a while. Had tooth pulled and infected. Next week, another big surgery. Then, cataracts surgeries, and more in the works. I tell the Drs. they have to get in line!

Check on the 2nd line after my name! Some of my dyed stuff. In April, I get to go to Colorado for 5 days on a scholarship to quilt art retreat to learn more!

lynnie 03-04-2013 08:23 PM

Goldendog hope you're feeling better soon. I just had my 26 surgery, anf i have no idea how many proceedures. Somehow, it just keeps on coming. Dont worry, you'll be up and feeling better soon. Maybe you can join in the next swap. Right now i fighting a bad case of pnemuonia, my 10 th bout.crummy winter.

goldendog55 03-04-2013 11:47 PM

Wow, we;re quite pair!

abdconsultant 03-05-2013 04:29 AM

I can't do international this time, sorry.

lynnie 03-05-2013 08:36 AM

Golden... i look at it this way,im an antique car..53, and were just replacing used up parts. Im fully bionic, from my earlobes down and i feel great. I live in a part of the country long island ny about one hour from nyc. Got great docs here, and if they can replace it or fix it, great. If not, they'll come up with something new next week. We live in an age when we can fix anything, even an old quilt. We just use up scraps to make things better. So lets make some great things and join the swap!!!.
gonna go work on some things in a bit. Have fun, stay healthy and sew.

vickig626 03-05-2013 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ladynredd (Post 5904058)
vickig626, I just got back from a quilting retreat and one of the retreaters was making large Christmas stockings using Christmas prints and the small twister block ruler. You could make up the "quilt" then use any Christmas stocking pattern you liked. Sorry I can't give you any more information than that, I had my back to her and was working hard on my own projects, but I thought I'd throw out the idea ...

thanks for the suggestion.