Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Rhonda 12-28-2012 06:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is today's Puzzle:
and the PDF to download is below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384516[/ATTACH]

TOOMANYUFO'S 12-28-2012 06:56 PM

I have been reading all of your posts for a while and would like to start some scrappy blocks. I've always wanted to do a Kaleidoscope quilt. My DD would be interested as well. I'm not sure what she is wanting to make. We will keep watching for the start date. Will there be a certain amount of blocks to do in a given time frame.

goldendog55 12-28-2012 10:20 PM

Rhonda, what size of squares did you think of using in those quilts? I'm thinking 2.5" or 3.5"? Thanks!

Rhonda 12-28-2012 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55 (Post 5746706)
Rhonda, what size of squares did you think of using in those quilts? I'm thinking 2.5" or 3.5"? Thanks!

It just depends on what size you want for your quilt block. A 3 1/2" will make a 12 1/2" quilt block and a 2 1/2 would make a 6 1/2" quilt block.

Rhonda 12-28-2012 10:54 PM

So to recap for a moment:

We have scrap swap in progress
We have an item or quilt block swap suggested
And we have a quilt along to start

Anyone who wants to do a quilt along and follow their own pattern is more than welcome to sew and share as you progress through your quilt or project at any time!

So I posted a suggestion for a quilt along quilt block. If there isnt' enough interest in this quilt block we can consider a differant type of quilt block. I'm easy I just need a feel for what the majority would like to do. I dont' want to post a quilt block and not have anyone following it.

we can use a traditonal quilt block or we can use a crumb block? or any suggestions are welcome.
IF we get several ideas we can vote and see what is the most popular.

Rhonda 12-28-2012 11:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I call my version Confusion but most know it as Crumb blocks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384539[/ATTACH]

Or more suggestions for the Quilt along

This one is sewed strips together and cut out blades for the dresden plate.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384541[/ATTACH]

One of my favorite patterns is the Ohio Star. Here I made it with my Boston Blocks but you can use HSTs instead if you'd rather
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384542[/ATTACH]

Or the Kansas Dugout block is a great one for using up scraps
[ATTACH=CONFIG]384543[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]384544[/ATTACH]

sewred 12-29-2012 07:33 AM

Linda I too am sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers sent to you!

Also an update on Sand and our swap she sent hers out but I have not gotten a chance but, have been in contact with her . Where I live we got 14-15 inches of snow on Wed/Thurs and another 6-7 inches eraly this morning ! So needless to say I'm having trouble getting to the post office!
Just wanted to let you know what was happening!
Quilty hugs everyone!
Julie ( Sewred)

JLMiller 12-29-2012 02:13 PM

I think if we did a 3" block it would be the right size then.. hummm and as for the one you already posted. I myself Love it and I will be using it.. thanks Rhonda..

Rhonda 12-29-2012 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewred (Post 5747310)
Linda I too am sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers sent to you!

Also an update on Sand and our swap she sent hers out but I have not gotten a chance but, have been in contact with her . Where I live we got 14-15 inches of snow on Wed/Thurs and another 6-7 inches eraly this morning ! So needless to say I'm having trouble getting to the post office!
Just wanted to let you know what was happening!
Quilty hugs everyone!
Julie ( Sewred)

oh Julie I don't envy you all that snow! we had several inches and now have alot of ice to deal with. No problem on getting your scraps in the mail. That is just winter and can't be helped! Thanks for the update

Rhonda 12-29-2012 03:01 PM

3" + 3" = 6" - 1/2" seam allowance = 5 1/2" + 3" + 8 1/2" - 1/2" seam allowance = 8" unfinished quilt block

So it is all about the size you want to end up with.