Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Annaquilts 09-29-2012 06:07 AM

Quiltermomma, a week is not a long time, I know you will follow through and really appreciate you doing this for Caroline. It is amazing how fast this quilt totally from sratch is coming together so fast. Take your time to quilt it.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5547733)
An update for you ladies. I now have the quilt in my possession and working on it. I knowk I have had it a week and I should be done with it, but a cold and canning has overtaken my quilting time. Hoping to work on it this weekend or at least finish it up next week. Getting time on the longarm seems to be my hangup, but will get it done in the next couple weeks and in mail. It is coming together nicely. You all did great work on your blocks.

carrot 09-29-2012 10:12 AM

Yeah !!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see a picture !!! My partner is MIA again................I hope she is not in the hospital again:(

Originally Posted by didi (Post 5548972)
Ladies, I'm off the bench, got my quilt yesterday from Grandme 26 (Judy). Will try to post picture later today.

QuilterMomma 10-10-2012 09:37 AM

I am working hard here girls. Trying to finish up this week so can go in mail across the pond and get to Caroline in time for the holidays. keep you posted.

Annaquilts 10-11-2012 08:05 AM

Thank you for everything Beth!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5575911)
I am working hard here girls. Trying to finish up this week so can go in mail across the pond and get to Caroline in time for the holidays. keep you posted.

ligia 10-15-2012 03:19 PM

Hi everyone,

My quilt arrived.
It was posted with a declared value of U$100.00 + a shipping rate of approx. U$40.00
so the taxation for this import is U$ 90.00.
Iīm sorry I cant afford it now - in a few days itīll be returned to sender.
I apologize for that.

A piece of information on intl post office legislation on the grounds that it may be useful for someone someday:
Customs charge taxes on every parcel over U$50.00 , this amount comprises merchandise + shipping.
So, if you are sending anything abroad declare it as a handmade gift - no commercial value .
If you have to fill in an amount go with 20.00 to leave room for the shipping rate.

I split my online orders to never exceed 30.00 and do not have tax problems.

Garnet1265 10-15-2012 04:37 PM

I wish I would have known this information sooner. The lady at the post office asked what was in the package and wrote the declared value as the amount they would cover for insurance. I am not sure how to rectify this issue and am reaching out to anyone for advice if they have any. Thanks.

Kristin
Garnet1265

Vanogay 10-16-2012 04:23 AM

Wow, this is really a bummer. And resending it would cost the shipping price again - which may be cheaper than the U$90 Ligia was to pay. Don't know what that original cost was...

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-16-2012 06:34 AM

Oh I am so sorry to hear that, how depressing I will gladly put in five to ten dollars to help reship the quilt back over, so that she can have her well deserved and waited for quilt. Guess this was a well learned lesson, I did not know that about the taxation. I knew not to say anything of the package was valued over twenty. It sure bites, but if I can help please let me know and I will gladly sent out the money via paypal or Money Order, :)

QuilterMomma 10-16-2012 09:41 AM

Good information to know for when I send out Caroline's quilt. I will be sure to stay within the $20 handmade gift, which it is.

Linda58 10-16-2012 12:08 PM

I am also willing to help with shipping, just let me know who to send it to and if by PayPal or other way!!

Linda