Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

QuilterMomma 10-16-2012 01:20 PM

Here is a question, if it has not been returned yet, can you have them hold it a few days till you have enough money to help pay the charges instead of paying the money again to mail it over again and take a chance on it getting lost? Seems about the same, maybe a few dollars more? Just a thought.

ligia 10-16-2012 02:32 PM

Hello ladies ,

Thank you very much for your offer for help. :thumbup:
I´m not sure Nov.-Dec. is a good period of the year for posting parcels.
On the other hand US postage rates will go up in Jan.
I think the best thing for now is that my partner hold it until I tell her of someone
travelling to the US would bring the parcel - maybe Mar.-Apr. next year and
then she would ship domestically. What do you think of this solution ?

ligia 10-16-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5590352)
Here is a question, if it has not been returned yet, can you have them hold it a few days till you have enough money to help pay the charges instead of paying the money again to mail it over again and take a chance on it getting lost? Seems about the same, maybe a few dollars more? Just a thought.

Tax Dept. establishes a deadline for P.O. to transfer the money or send the parcel back, they cant hold it.
10 days have gone , I´ll be away yet this week for 15 days.

carrot 10-22-2012 01:00 PM

The date is set !!!!!!! My partner and I are swapping quilts-- in person (!!) on monday Nov 5th !!! Can't wait !!
After we swap I will post pictures of each of us with our quilts.... as soon as I get to a hotel and plug in my laptop !!!

ligia-- I would like to help if I can-- let me know if a solution is ever figured out.

watterstide 10-22-2012 01:30 PM

I can chip in again for postage, when it gets back here..just let me know. I had not thought about the tax or charges. when we ship to England to my Mother, we put down nominal $ for the items. I would never write "Quilt" on any package. "Blanket" is what i have written down. even for the USA. No insurance is needed in this case either.
donated blocks/fabric. Kim

jillaine 10-26-2012 04:09 PM

I have been away for quite awhile. Just getting back on here tonight and seeing this. How awful.
Well, despite all the great quilts that have been swapped, we've learned some painful lessons in this swap, haven't we? I'm so sorry to hear of this.

I will leave this to Ligia and Garnet1265 to figure out if/how they want to try to get the quilt to Ligia.

-- Jillaine

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-26-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by carrot (Post 5604514)
The date is set !!!!!!! My partner and I are swapping quilts-- in person (!!) on monday Nov 5th !!! Can't wait !!
After we swap I will post pictures of each of us with our quilts.... as soon as I get to a hotel and plug in my laptop !!!

ligia-- I would like to help if I can-- let me know if a solution is ever figured out.

YAY how exciting!! Right around the corner, cannot wait to see the photos of two beautiful people with their new quilts!!

oldcatlady 10-28-2012 08:21 AM

I would love to join if you decide to do again. I would be able to do international if I could ship directly to her but not if I had to pay postage 2x d/t shipping to a centralized location.

QuilterMomma 10-28-2012 09:11 AM

I have Caroline's quilted, just need to do binding then will mail. Goal is this week to be shipped.

Annaquilts 10-29-2012 07:37 AM

That is so exciting!