Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Foxflower 11-27-2011 01:22 PM

That's wonderful, and a lot of work. Thanks Jillaine!

watterstide 11-27-2011 02:22 PM

Great Job Jillaine! We have so many involved and it will be wonderful to actually get a quilt just for us! happy happy!

yayaquilts 11-27-2011 04:37 PM

Thanks for coordinating this great swap, jillaine!! My partner mrsaj and I have been in contact. I have to put my thinking cap on to decide what pattern and fabrics to use for my partner's quilt! This will be fun!

Annaquilts 11-28-2011 09:55 AM

Started cutting fabric for my partners quilt. I had the fabric laying out and two differrent choices of patterns but last night I locked in. I am on my way to making my swap partners quilt.

didi 11-29-2011 02:36 AM

I finally finished binding my last to quilts for the homeless or less fortunate...I am now starting to cut out fabric for my quilting buddy. With the Holidays coming up, I better get busy..This is so much fun to think that you are doing this for some one special.....I hope that I picked a pattern that she will like..why do I worry, she's a quilter!!

lindy-2 11-29-2011 06:34 AM

i just talked to my swap patner and she said shes done my quilt top! wow is she fast im no where neer done have lots off stuff to get done for Cristmas still. and i have to make cinnamonn buns today and clean the house. sew much to do sew little time.

Cranberry Cabin 11-29-2011 07:06 PM

Wow! I've been missing posts! I know I'm subscribed, but haven't been online here for a while due to trying to get quilts done for other people. I'll be glad to get this done so I can start my quilt partner's quilt. The creative wheels are a turnin'! Hope you all have fun creating your quilts!

jillaine 11-30-2011 11:57 AM

WOW! All these folks getting started, and one quilt top DONE? (Actually, make that two, the top of the quilt I'm making my partner is, I think, done as well.)

As for those of you not yet started: don't panic. We scheduled this swap specifically so that people could wrap up their holiday project work first. Some of us are just over-achievers. :p

I can't wait for pictures to start getting posted...

-- Jillaine

Foxflower 11-30-2011 01:37 PM

I'm usually quick with my swaps, but I definitely need to finish some other things first....I'm nashing at the teeth to get started on this though!

jigs1354 11-30-2011 08:13 PM

Hi foxflower, I'm here snooping around and here you are. I'm working on my block swap and my partners lap quilt at the same time. Just could not wait to get started. My 1 block is going great and it will be done tomorrow I hope then I will start her second one. Pretty skinny on the fabrics she sent so it's tight. At least this first one is 9" and is coming out very pretty and the second one maybe 6" I hope. Then on to more of the lap quilt, such a pretty little thing. I know I cannot get attached to it and I'm trying hard.:eek:
Well it's late and have to get going here now so I will say good night to all.
HUGS!! everyone.
Shirley/Tn. jigs1354

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 4736808)
I'm usually quick with my swaps, but I definitely need to finish some other things first....I'm nashing at the teeth to get started on this though!