Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

jigs1354 12-06-2011 09:31 AM

Change the biased corners to Mitered instead. I knew there was something wrong with "Biased" My head was playing tricks on me
jigs2354

Originally Posted by jigs1354 (Post 4751980)
Hello again FF, I finished DH quilt today.Binding it all on the sewing machine. I rounded off the corners and had it finished in no time at all. No biased corners this time. Really fast. Of coarse it's already on the bed. He loved it.
Sure makes you feel great to get something finished. The size ended up being 90X108 I'll post pics on Flickr later on.
Looks really nice with the rounded corners.
jigs1354

QuilterMomma 12-06-2011 01:42 PM

Question for you gals, do you know of a good setting block that will help make my swap blocks fit together. The swap blocks were from the Boom 5 swap. They are lovely blocks, used one main color, but they do not work well together. They just yell at one another. I want them to play nice so thought maybe if I put in a block the same inbetween all of them, they would work well. I know I can put a solid in, but wanted it to have more movement than that. It is for my BIL.

Foxflower 12-06-2011 03:12 PM

Snowballs work well for alternate blocks and provide nice lattice/on-point like movement. It really depends on what type of block the other one is. A pic would help!

jillaine 12-07-2011 10:36 AM

Okay folks. One more week to go before this swap closes, and I'm calling out for your assistance in finding at least ONE more person. We have an "odd girl out" situation-- i.e., an odd number of participants. I'm hoping to find a partner for a woman who'd love to have made for her a modern quilt design, especially if the fabric has cats on it! ;-)
In exchange she'll make for her swap partner pretty much any type of quilt design (except applique) from her very varied stash (and she's even willing to purchase fabric!). So please reach out to your quilting buddies and see if you can help us find one more person.

The swap remains open to any newcomers until December 15th. I just hope we always maintain an even number!

Enjoy!

jillaine 12-07-2011 11:22 AM

Another update:

This new board software has something called Groups. They're starting to be used for swaps. Expect an invitation in your PM inbox. We'll be guinea pigs together! Thanks. -- Jillaine

QuilterMomma 12-07-2011 04:52 PM

Jillaine, if no one is found, I can do another swap with her. I do not mind. I have done some nice modern quilts. Let me know.

Also, thanks for pairing me up with Jillnjo. She is a great gal and I am going to have doing hers. Funny, I have it all figured out already, just have to finish a couple others before Christmas and then will get hers done. I am excited.

Freeway 12-08-2011 11:11 PM

I'd like to join if there is still space...will send through the questions later as I'm on my way out to work..

Julie

mindless 12-09-2011 08:53 AM

YAY.....another taker!!!!!
Welcome to this forum Julie!!
Hope you like it here as much as we all do.

QuilterMomma 12-09-2011 03:02 PM

Welcome aboard Freeway. How did you come by that name?

Freeway 12-09-2011 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 4766734)
Welcome aboard Freeway. How did you come by that name?

That is my wee dogs' name. He was found abandoned on the freeway at 8 weeks old. I work at a dogs home and took him in to foster him...and 6 years later he is still here..:-) He is the lovely wee thing in my avatar..

Cheer,
Julie