Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Maggiesmom 02-13-2012 09:53 AM

Jillaine, just wanted you to know that I have been to my quilt room this past week-end and have been able to do some limited sewing so far. My arm tires out quickly but I am gaining strength each week so all is well. I pulled out the blocks and the fabrics yesterday and laid them on the bed. One set I had finished and loved so much only makes up to a 48 inch square quilt so I have gone to another set to finish up for you. I just love the 30's fabrics. Looking forward to some real sewing soon.

jillaine 02-14-2012 05:25 AM

Maggie, take it easy; don't want you to have a relapse! AND... I'm SO excited to see what you're coming up with. As I've mentioned, I have no 30s fabric in my stash, yet find myself quite drawn to it. So I'm looking forward to having a quilt made from same.

I have only two sunbonnet sues done-- and only the basics-- no "frill" yet. So I'm probably going to be coming right up to the wire on this one...

I didn't get any quilting done last weekend-- I had to prepare and then deliver a 2-hour workshop in family history, which was a LOT of fun.

-- Jillaine

QuilterMomma 02-14-2012 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the reject quilt. Just did not sing pastels. I tried but not quite there. Will get it the next time for sure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]311759[/ATTACH]

Foxflower 02-14-2012 11:03 AM

I see what you mean about the pastel issue. It's a beautiful quilt though, and perfect for Valentine's day I think...very candy/chocolate. I don't think of brown at all when it comes to pastels....just light shades of the rainbow. It's tricky because so many block patterns depend on contrast, which is hard to do with pastels. Maybe divide the colors by warm/cold or use a lot of white to set up contrast? With Easter fabric coming into the stores there should be lots of inspiration available--and sales on pastels! Thanks for the fun picture, and good luck!

jillnjo 02-14-2012 11:05 AM

That one is really a pretty quilt! The brown did take away from an actual pastel look, but it isn't wrong at all! Now you have an extra to use, save, or share! I picked up the fabric I needed for yours today, so I can start the final part of piecing!

QuilterMomma 02-14-2012 01:15 PM

I am sewing on yours jillnjo. I just finished up some flying geese that goes to the blocks and the snowball edges are done. They are all laid out here at the office. it is definitely all pastel this time. I had to actually ask for help picking pastels. The gals at the LQS laugh at me because I just have the worst time with pastels. The ladies at my quilt group sent me to the store to buy pastels for the star quilt we are doing for the church. They are not happy with me at all. I came back with a gorgeouse white on white, which is yours jillnjo, then a beautiful blue with a soft green, then a pink. Yep, a pink. It was the only fabric I could find to go with it. They saw that and said we were not making a baby quilt. So, now they will not play fabric shopping with me anymore. Will post a photo of the progress of that quilt. We assemble the blocks tonight. Should be fun. We have one rebellious gal in our group who did put a dark color in it. She laughed when I was pouting saying, well Beth, you were doomed to go and buy it, and now that you followed what they said, you are doomed because you obeyed. Who'd figure. oh well, the one I am working on will look lovely and has some beautiful roses on it.

jillnjo 02-14-2012 02:01 PM

Oh, it sounds great! I should take a picture and give you a peek!! Maybe I will do that, but the daylight makes a better picture and it's getting dusk here now.

jillnjo 02-14-2012 02:55 PM

QuilterMomma, if you want to see a peek at your quilt without giving much away!- go to the group thread and see what I posted! Hope you like the colors that you see! Nancy.

QuilterMomma 02-15-2012 08:36 AM

Oh I just love it. That blue is very pretty. Yes, it is my favorite color. It is going to be so exciting to see it. I am welling up with tears already.

The ladies and I got that top all sewed up. When you look at it now, the pink looks very nice. So nice I added some to jillnjo's quilt. She aught to love that. Just needed one more color to hers for the cornerstones. I have them all pressed and ready to assemble again. As soon as I get a chance during lunch, will post a photo of the star quilt we are giving away at church. Needs a border now. I have clear direction on what I need to buy.

Annaquilts 02-15-2012 04:47 PM

Quiltermomma what do you mean reject? I love it. Did you check with your partner? It has a nice shabby chic feel.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 4974448)
Here is the reject quilt. Just did not sing pastels. I tried but not quite there. Will get it the next time for sure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]311759[/ATTACH]