Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Annaquilts 06-14-2012 06:25 PM

This quilt is stunning! I love everything about it, the fabric and the quilting are all stunning.
Quilter momma did an awesome job!

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5258393)
Everyone,
I am over the top bursting with pride of my new quilt (all ready on the bed, of course). The work and detail that QuilterMomma put onto a quilt that she would be sending off to a total stranger is outstanding. She is beyond generous. I can't possibly convey it any other way.

Beth, Thank you my friend. ((a warm hug))

I will put a pic or two here but will put more over in the Group album. Please help me in giving QuilterMomma a huge "It is so beautiful".

And to our Swap host mother, a huge thank you for keeping all (or most) of us on track and focused.

best,
d

QuilterMomma 06-14-2012 08:02 PM

So is yours

Sibi 06-15-2012 08:59 AM

ALL of the quilts received so far are just fabulous! I hope the quilt for my swap partner will measure up....all of you are sooooo talented and I'm just a newbie at this.

QuilterMomma 06-15-2012 10:03 AM

Of course it will, it was made special by you for her.

mindless 06-15-2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sibi (Post 5290900)
ALL of the quilts received so far are just fabulous! I hope the quilt for my swap partner will measure up....all of you are sooooo talented and I'm just a newbie at this.

yes of course it will!!!!
you cannot imagine how much it means to me that you would be willing to make something especially for me!!
I'm honored & touched! so stop worrying your pretty head!!!

Tam...Moo 06-15-2012 01:36 PM

Sibi, I felt quite inadequate myself when I began this process but the quilters on this board are so compassionate and sincere and have encouraged me all along the way, especially quiltermomma. I am finishing the binding tonight and putting the label on and mine is ready for mailing. Each of the quilters knows what you put into the quilt you made - your heart, your mind, your creative side and desire to make someone else's life more special. Thanks quilters for helping me grow through this process.

QuilterMomma 06-15-2012 01:40 PM

Oh Tam...Moo, I have been working on yours so faithfully, I have the pieces of logs leftover all sewn together and recut to make the little 3" 9 patch border blocks. So going to be cute. Put in a little extra sashing and a small pink/red polkadot fabric to add a spark of home fire to the log cabin effect of the blocks which have pretty appliques in them. I am planing on getting it done for sure this weekend. I will work on it tonight and see how far I get. You are going to love this. I am starting to see the whole project come together.

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-15-2012 01:58 PM

Well tracking says that notice was left! oh my I am so nervous! I know I made a lot of mistakes a few I got corrected a few when I tried to, they got worse, and some did not notice till all was said and done.... oh sheesh nervous nervous! :shock: And excited! hehehe

Sibi 06-15-2012 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by mindless (Post 5291367)
yes of course it will!!!!
you cannot imagine how much it means to me that you would be willing to make something especially for me!!
I'm honored & touched! so stop worrying your pretty head!!!

Thanks Chris....there is love in every stitch so hopefully that'll come through :-)

Sibi 06-15-2012 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tam...Moo (Post 5291420)
Sibi, I felt quite inadequate myself when I began this process but the quilters on this board are so compassionate and sincere and have encouraged me all along the way, especially quiltermomma. I am finishing the binding tonight and putting the label on and mine is ready for mailing. Each of the quilters knows what you put into the quilt you made - your heart, your mind, your creative side and desire to make someone else's life more special. Thanks quilters for helping me grow through this process.

Thanks for the encouraging words Tam Moo...and you're right, everyone on this board is so nice!