Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

lindy-2 04-05-2012 05:58 PM

i havent had time to work on my quilts resently since I just had a baby girl on monday havent sewn since just having fun getting to know the new little person in my life. will get back to quilting in a week or two. there are some realy nice quilts on here congrats everyone who is done i have some catching up to do.

yayaquilts 04-05-2012 09:42 PM

lindy-2: Congratulations on your precious baby girl! What's her name? We'd all love to see a picture of her!!!!:)

mindless 04-05-2012 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sibi (Post 5116265)
A little spoiler for Mindless (Chris) my awesome partner in this swap. I took the pic with my cell so it's not great but you get the general idea. When done, it will be very colorful!

OMG!!!! LOOK WHAT I FOUND! I'm SO EXCITED!!!! Sibi...YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
(but you're not gettin a spoiler yet. -she says with an evil laugh- ) :rolleyes:

And...doesn't it just figure...you come up with a great idea for spools & someone beats you to it! Murphy strikes again.

Sibi 04-06-2012 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by mindless (Post 5120365)
OMG!!!! LOOK WHAT I FOUND! I'm SO EXCITED!!!! Sibi...YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
(but you're not gettin a spoiler yet. -she says with an evil laugh- ) :rolleyes:

And...doesn't it just figure...you come up with a great idea for spools & someone beats you to it! Murphy strikes again.

Guess I'll have to be patient. I'm sure that whatever you're makin is sure to be lovely! I'm glad you like your spoiler cause it's the only one you're getting....she says with an evil laugh...lol. Sorta wanted to know if you liked it that's why I posted it. I've finished the top and bottom so it's sandwich time, then time for quilting, which will certainly be my biggest challenge being a newbie and all. I'm gonna do the very best I can.

And you're right, Murphy strikes again. My mind was considering all the possibilities of using spools for jewelry and I thought, let me google it to see if anyone out there has done this before. But of course, someone beat me to it. ;-)

Sibi 04-06-2012 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5118807)
So that is what it will look like when I am done with it. Maybe my girls will be the models for me and we can do this for Easter. Nothing like a little fashion time with the girls.

That sounds like fun!!

QuilterMomma 04-06-2012 08:32 AM

Congratulations lindy-2. How awesome. You rest as well.

Sibi 04-06-2012 08:51 AM

Lindy-2....Congratulations!! Enjoy your new little bundle of joy and take care :-)

lindy-2 04-06-2012 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5120308)
lindy-2: Congratulations on your precious baby girl! What's her name? We'd all love to see a picture of her!!!!:)

thanks her name is Lydia and she is so cute but i gess i could be a bit biased. im getting as much rest as posible with two young children at home and a new baby but at least DH is home for the month so he's a big help.

mindless 04-08-2012 09:29 PM

Lindy-2 you ROCK!!! That's so awesome! Congratulations!!! It's great that DH can be there to help! If you show us pics, I betcha we won't think you are biased at all....hint hint lol

marcialee 04-12-2012 02:38 PM

Just finished my quilt for my partner...so excited. I love it and hope that she will. I am going on vacation to Florida at the end of the month and guess where my swap partner is from??? Florida...we have made tentative arrangements to meet so that I can give her her quilt. So excited. How wonderful it feels to make something for someone.