Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

yayaquilts 03-12-2012 09:42 AM

Hip HIP HOORAY!!!:o I'm getting a new partner!! Thanks, Jillaine. :thumbup: (no rush!)

It's not that I don't have any projects to finish or sew; I have more UFO's and WISP's to finish and lots of new projects to make. I'm excited that I can get busy on the quilt pattern I want to make for my new partner!

[I'm just sorry my partner dropped out, and hope all is well with her.]

jillnjo 03-12-2012 10:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! I have a quilt to show you! I ask for....well, this exact quilt!! It makes me so happy and delighted to look at it, touch it and know it's mine!! It's all beautiful and the backing is a gorgeous addition to the front. It's "pastel and summery"-perfectly done! Thank you, QuilterMomma, for all you put into this quilt, down to the lovely LAQuilting! I can't put into words the pleasure this gives me and I want to say it has been a fun swap for me. THANK YOU, Beth. Now, here are a few pictures of the quilt![ATTACH=CONFIG]319280[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319281[/ATTACH]The colors are so soft and I love them![ATTACH=CONFIG]319284[/ATTACH]

Rose L 03-12-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5052933)
We WILL find new partners for abandoned participants. I'm sorry I'm not more on top of it. My 9-5 has been more like 7a-9p. This last week I was out of town for work and took Sunbonnet Sue with me but didn't make much progress! Will ID new partners this week I promise. Jillaine

Hi Jillaine,

Seeing your post today regarding abandoned swap partners and I'm pretty sure I am one of them. I've been checking my PM's several times a day waiting to hear something back from my swap partner and there has been no response.

At this late date, I really don't think I want to be reassigned to a new partner. I've put so much thought and work into the project already and I wouldn't want to pass off this project to someone else who may have completely different tastes. Nor would I want to start over. I have a ton of stuff coming up and starting anew at this point would just be too much stress on my time.

So, if you could just verify that my partner has dropped out, I'll just move forward with my life in a new direction. If you'll send me my current partners address, I'd like to finish this quilt and send it to her anyway. I feel sure that if she dropped out she had good reason and I really want her to have the quilt I made especially for her.

Thanks so much for the work you have put into this swap, Jillaine, you've done a marvelous job of it. Perhaps next year you'll do another one and I can participate then and hopefully have a proper outcome.

Many thanks,
Rose L.

Whigrose 03-12-2012 11:24 AM

It's beautiful!!!!! Oh, you must beside yourself jillnjo.

QuilterMomma - you hit the nail on the head this time with 'shabby chic'. Good job. The quilting is gorgeous.

Enjoy!

best,
d

QuilterMomma 03-12-2012 12:02 PM

So, you going to be ready for yours Whigrose when I get it done? I am vasilating between doing just a traditional or adding just a spark of applique. Trying to decide. If no applique, will be quilting instead. That may be the way I go, not sure.

Well Jillnjo, so glad it was just right. It took a bit out of me to get that pastel feel going. I just loved how the butterflies and dragonflies with the rose buds and leaves turned out with the fabric. And that wool batting just makes it so cuddly. I may end up using wool a whole lot more. It quilts quite nice.

jillnjo 03-12-2012 12:28 PM

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention how the wool batting is soft and cuddly and it drapes really nice. We just had a tornado watch go out across out county until 11 tonight. I hate them warnings!

QuilterMomma 03-12-2012 01:02 PM

Oh my jillnjo, you be careful and watchful. Do not want anything to happen.

Whigrose 03-12-2012 01:38 PM

Jill Jo,
Be sure and check in here so we know you and yours are safe.

Best,
d

=jillnjo;5054094]Oh, yes, I forgot to mention how the wool batting is soft and cuddly and it drapes really nice. We just had a tornado watch go out across out county until 11 tonight. I hate them warnings![/QUOTE]

Whigrose 03-12-2012 01:52 PM

QuilterMomma,
My vote would be no appliqué. I have so many pieces that are appliquéd and very few of just pieced quilts. Part of my hope in joining this swap was to exchange for a pieced quilt . Does that make it easier for you?

Your quilt is out of my hands now, at least for a while. I must admit, I'm looking forward to seeing the completed product.

I live in Maine. And where I live in Maine was close to 70* today! It' only March 12th. It has been a very weird winter here. Wait, did we have winter yet?

Best,
d

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5054002)
So, you going to be ready for yours Whigrose when I get it done? I am vasilating between doing just a traditional or adding just a spark of applique. Trying to decide. If no applique, will be quilting instead. That may be the way I go, not sure.

Well Jillnjo, so glad it was just right. It took a bit out of me to get that pastel feel going. I just loved how the butterflies and dragonflies with the rose buds and leaves turned out with the fabric. And that wool batting just makes it so cuddly. I may end up using wool a whole lot more. It quilts quite nice.

marcialee 03-12-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5053657)
Hello everyone! I have a quilt to show you! I ask for....well, this exact quilt!! It makes me so happy and delighted to look at it, touch it and know it's mine!! It's all beautiful and the backing is a gorgeous addition to the front. It's "pastel and summery"-perfectly done! Thank you, QuilterMomma, for all you put into this quilt, down to the lovely LAQuilting! I can't put into words the pleasure this gives me and I want to say it has been a fun swap for me. THANK YOU, Beth. Now, here are a few pictures of the quilt![ATTACH=CONFIG]319280[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319281[/ATTACH]The colors are so soft and I love them![ATTACH=CONFIG]319284[/ATTACH]

Simply Beautiful!