Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011%3B-group-16-%22-sweet-sixteeners%22-t85262.html)

Karen 01-01-2011 09:55 AM

Such a quite group...maybe since the Holidays are over it will be easier to play!

Sweetness 01-01-2011 04:43 PM

Happy New Year ladies!!! I hope that each of you are doing well, enjoying the holiday & ready for a GREAT 2011!

Since the majority of us have agreed on a name, I went ahead and reported us & listed us as "Sweet Sixteeners" thus we've gone from "Group 16" to our new name updated in the subject line. Figured we had to get some movement before everyone sweeps past us :)

So far we're just missing one more person to report in and I'm sure Karen N will be doing that as soon as the holidays settle down.

On a personal note, I'm sorry I haven't been around much the last few days. Still feeling a little *bleah* but I "think" I'm heading toward recovery now since I was quite ill (funny enough at 11:59pm CST)...don't know if that's good or bad karma ;)

Sweetness 01-01-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
I am so excited!!! My featherweight will be here next week!! I am going to wait to start my row until she is here!

Heheheh...how many more days??? I'm waiting on pics!

Sweetness 01-01-2011 04:48 PM

I am Karen, I am 52, by BD is in March. I am not so happily married to a truck driver. I started hand-piecing 2 years ago and LOVE quilting. I have 4 dogs and a cat that live in my tiny house. They are always under foot! Sorry to say there is no way to keep them away from my sewing area, because it is also the living room-dining room combo. I do smoke and will do my very best to keep it outside, until I completely quit.
I do not work outside the home. I collect vintage sewing machines. In November one of my quilts was selected to go in a book. I am still waiting for it to come back home from getting pictures taken.

I wonder if any quilters don't love animals :) Mine want to come in my sewing room, but the problem with that is that they won't leave me alone & I can't get anything done. My "babies" don't behave very well...I guess they're quite spoiled since they have the run of EVERYTHING else!

Sorry about the hubby. I went through that, it's tough and my brother is a truck driver so I know how the profession can add to it too. I hope that 2011 will allow for happiness in all of your life!

OOOohhh antique machines...so you can show us lots of pics :)

Sweetness 01-01-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Frogquilter
Ladies Hello.... Sweet Sixteeners is a great name. Sorry i didn't chime in sooner but with the holidays and grandkids time got away from me.

I love stars but I haven't decided my fabric yet either but I'm leaning towards marbles or batiks and scrappy. This is a first for me and I think I was put into a GREAT group. I can't wait to visit more with you all.

Talk to you soon. Christina AKA Frogquilter

FROGquilter!!!! Welcome :) Sorry I LOVE your nick!!

I love moda marbles too ;)

Sweetness 01-01-2011 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Frogquilter
About myself.....

I'm 42 and live in Kansas. I was a military spouse for years and sewed curtains and such until i met Marian. She is my quilting mentor. I have become very involved in our local quilt guild and have served on the board for the last 4 years. :)

I have 3 children and 2 grandkids and 4 dogs, my furry children. We just moved in Oct to a new house and my sewing room is finally upstairs and not in the basement. Yeah!!! I find that I am getting so much more done now.

I work for a bank and sit at a desk all day on the computer which is why I am bad about getting on it at home. :( I will work on that.

bye for now...

UGH...I understand the sit at a desk all day...hard to drag yourself to another computer screen once you get home illness! We'll try to make it worth your while!!!

Ohhh....I'm jealous of the basement actually. Being born/raised in upstate NY I loved having a basement...it was weird for me when I moved to Houston being oh, I don't know just a stones throw ABOVE sea level!

Oooh military wife, thank you for both of your service! I come from a military family (brothers, cousins, dad - retired before I was born, uncles, etc). My brother retired with his 25 a few years ago...YES, I was an accident (my mom thought she had the flu) I had older parents before it was today's norm.

Wow...grandbabies, that's exciting do you get to see them often?

Sweetness 01-01-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
Hello ladies,
I was out of town. But I'm back. Here is about me.
I'm 63 years old. Mother of five, grandmother of 7. I'm married to my second husband, the father of my youngest child. I was born and raised in Mexico, the great grand daughter of an anglo-saxon Californian sailor who emigrated to the southwest part of Mexico and married my great grandmother.
I live in So. California and work as a graphic designer with my husband. We have a small book printing company.
I have been sewing for 30 or more years, but started quilting just one year ago.
I have been to several block swaps in another forum, but this is my first Row Robin swap and also my first swap in this forum.
I'm very excited with this project. Some nights I stay awake because my mind is wandering on different possibilities for my blocks and I find myself wishing it was morning so I could start sewing. lol.
Happy New Year to you guys.

Yeah!!! Welcome back :)

WOW...Southern CA. I've always said that if all else fails & I have to be homeless I'm packing my sewing machine, stash, dog & truck so I can move to Venice Beach selling quilts by day & sleep on the beach at night! I'll have to dig up a pic I have of an AMAZING drum circle & sunset out there about 5-6 years ago.

Graphic design & 30 years sewing...I must say that I'm intimidated! Excited that I'm sure I'll get wonderful blocks, but afraid mine won't be anywhere near your expertise!

I agree with karen, have you ever published yourself?

Sweetness 01-01-2011 05:00 PM

And...because I'm getting OLD quick, I knew I forgot something when I was writing to you above Karen.

You're being published!!! Holy cow, maybe I should just coordinate the group...because ya'lls talent is scaring me!!! ;)

Can we see pics of it...or do we have to wait (don't know the legalities of all that)

Sweetness 01-01-2011 05:01 PM

Such a quite group...maybe since the Holidays are over it will be easier to play!

TAG....you're it!!!

Sweetness 01-01-2011 05:06 PM

Ya'll are so sweet for sharing about yourselves. How about we do it again (and ya'll are MORE than welcome to come up with some of these & post!)

NAME YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE COLORS

Here's mine:

1) Purple - any hue just LOVE it!
2) Green - bright/deep Irish greens
3) Blue - again, almost any hue, just find it relaxing and it's the color of my eyes!