Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011%3B-group-16-%22-sweet-sixteeners%22-t85262.html)

Sweetness 01-01-2011 05:11 PM

Okay ladies...I'm off to look at the patterns I've chosen for my blocks & start playing with colors for them.

I'm really excited...but you know what I realized today???

Holy cow...I've only got 45 days to get these done & on to klarina *eeeeEEEk*

Karen 01-02-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetness
And...because I'm getting OLD quick, I knew I forgot something when I was writing to you above Karen.

You're being published!!! Holy cow, maybe I should just coordinate the group...because ya'lls talent is scaring me!!! ;)

Can we see pics of it...or do we have to wait (don't know the legalities of all that)

I posted a picture on here...My KCStar Quilt. It has been about 2 months since I posted it. It was actually the luck of the draw! I did the "Little Jewel" in just a few days. The second top will hopefully be finished this week, then I have to hand quilt her, send in pictures and pray that it gets chosen for the next book.

When the featherweight gets here I will post a picture of her! Is that ok? She will be here this week! I am so excited about getting her.

Karen 01-02-2011 09:41 AM

Ya'll are so sweet for sharing about yourselves. How about we do it again (and ya'll are MORE than welcome to come up with some of these & post!)

NAME YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE COLORS

Here's mine:

1) Purple - any hue just LOVE it!
2) Green - bright/deep Irish greens
3) Blue - again, almost any hue, just find it relaxing and it's the color of my eyes!

My favorite colors:
1) Purple....any shade/hue of it.
2) Blue...same as purple
3) Reds...the deeper shades(maroon etc)

Tag....you're it!! LOL!

Karen 01-02-2011 09:43 AM

?? Could we call Batik a color? If we could that would have to my favorite!

Karen 01-02-2011 09:49 AM

ANOTHER ONE: YOUR FAVORITE TIME(S) OF YEAR?

I have to pick to pick 2!
1) Spring...I love new flowers, the grass coming up, the buds on the trees. The smell of Spring! The arrival of new foals, baby cows!

2) Fall...the colors of trees are so beautiful, the changing of all that God has given us to see.

Kathy N 01-02-2011 01:17 PM

Ok, I'm the last to report in! I just put my daughter, her 3 children and her dog on a plane back home to Virginia Beach this morning. Now time to catch up on my swaps!

A little about myself. I'm 53, married for 34 years in May, 2 children, son in heaven and daughter in VB who is a military wife. 3 grandchildren Olivia 7, Deagan 5, Tessa 1
I work full time as a Pricing and Contracts manager for a global manufacturing company.

Favorite Colors:

Pink -bright, pastel, any pink makes me smile
Blue - pastels, jeweltones love them all
greens

Favorite Season - Fall, love smell of burning leaves, cool nights, beautiful colors!

I look forward to being a member of the sweet 16's!

Kathy N.

klarina 01-02-2011 01:19 PM

In response to Sweetness and Karen: I have never been published as a graphic designer, but I have been published as a journalist. (I learned graphic design through my career as a journalist.)
Until 2007 I was working as a reporter covering Latino community in Orange County, CA for the Los Angeles Times Spanish newspaper.
At the end of 2007 I left the reporting arena to work with my husband. I'm in charge of designing covers and inside pages for the books he prints.
I still write for some Spanish newspapers a weekly column. And I have a published book that compiles one year of those columns.
But as much as I love my job, the truth is I'm always counting the hours left before I can come back to my sewing machine. lol.

klarina 01-02-2011 01:22 PM

As per colors:

I love dramatic, bright, intense colors. All of them.

Sweetness 01-02-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Karen

And...because I'm getting OLD quick, I knew I forgot something when I was writing to you above Karen.

You're being published!!! Holy cow, maybe I should just coordinate the group...because ya'lls talent is scaring me!!! ;)

Can we see pics of it...or do we have to wait (don't know the legalities of all that)

I posted a picture on here...My KCStar Quilt. It has been about 2 months since I posted it. It was actually the luck of the draw! I did the "Little Jewel" in just a few days. The second top will hopefully be finished this week, then I have to hand quilt her, send in pictures and pray that it gets chosen for the next book.

When the featherweight gets here I will post a picture of her! Is that ok? She will be here this week! I am so excited about getting her.

off to find the pic of your soon to be famous! :)

and...OMG you BETTER post a pic of your FW here!

Sweetness 01-02-2011 02:32 PM

KATHY N!!!! Welcome :)

Now we're complete. Glad you're back from the land of holidays & company...karen & I were lonely ;).

I've seen your avatar around too! Those granbabies are GORGEOUS! (I always thought they were your kids).