Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011 Group 4 - Coastal Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011-group-4-coastal-quilters-t85103.html)

Jennifer22206 01-01-2011 08:09 PM

Both of my machines are in for servicing right now, but I should be getting them back in 2 or 3 weeks. Until then, I might have to hand piece. I do have 3 of my 5 blocks done, and they're all nautical stars and the other two I'm planning on doing a Mariners Compass.

Is anyone planning on sending along sashing strips with their rows?

Cre8tvlwyr 01-02-2011 01:48 PM

Jennifer22206...wow!! checked out your bio and the websites - you sew as much as I used to and am starting to do again :) Have you started I spy quilt yet or still collecting fabrics??I have two grandsons, 4 1/2 and 2+ and one arriving in April. I'll look and see what I've got to pass along - just let me know if you want it before I pass my row to you.

bookworm 01-02-2011 02:06 PM

From what other groups have been doing.... would you guys like to do signature blocks?

darkcloud 01-02-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by bookworm
Debating if I like these colors....

I like the color combination, but it is a hard act to follow :)

Also, I like the idea of a signature block, but I would do it separate, to be attached to the back of the quilt so it doesn't take away one of the front blocks.

Boop56 01-02-2011 05:16 PM

Debating if I like these colors....

This reminds me of auroa borialas (sp). It is pretty!!! :thumbup:

Cre8tvlwyr 01-02-2011 05:22 PM

From what other groups have been doing.... would you guys like to do signature blocks?

I would... I was thinking of making smaller blocks to pass around with my row [s] - one for each person to write their name for my quilt and an additional one for each person to keep so you all have record of working on my quilt as well. I would incorporate each block into the back of my quilt ~ or use them as cornerstones for the front.

If we all did this, we could incorporate a block/remembrance of each person's quilt we worked on 8-)

Since my theme is birds, butterflies, flowers - thought if I fused one of these or used fabric from my row in each block and marked with ~

Coastal Quilters 2011
birds ~ butterflies ~ flowers
Row whichever row One ~ screen name
if quilter would like to add real name & city

hope this is understandible :wink:

Jennifer22206 01-02-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Jennifer22206...wow!! checked out your bio and the websites - you sew as much as I used to and am starting to do again :) Have you started I spy quilt yet or still collecting fabrics??I have two grandsons, 4 1/2 and 2+ and one arriving in April. I'll look and see what I've got to pass along - just let me know if you want it before I pass my row to you.

Nope, I'm still collecting fabrics for it. What size are you looking for because I'm positive I've got a ton of fabrics that I can send to you!

Jennifer22206 01-02-2011 06:34 PM

I'm planning on doing one huge one for a label, but I'm still debating on how I want the label to look.. but signature blocks also sound really fun!

darkcloud 01-02-2011 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206

I'm planning on doing one huge one for a label, but I'm still debating on how I want the label to look.. but signature blocks also sound really fun!

I've been hanging out at quilterscache.com and she has a few signature/autograph block ideas that look easy enough to make a few to send around.

Jennifer22206 01-02-2011 07:18 PM

I make the D13 blocks from Dear Jane, it's a square set on point for another ongoing swap that I participate in. I'm up for making extra signature blocks for everyone - sounds like a lot of fun for me.