Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011 Group 4 - Coastal Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011-group-4-coastal-quilters-t85103.html)

bookworm 01-29-2011 05:27 PM

Jennifer22206 what color is your background?

Jennifer22206 01-29-2011 05:30 PM

blue and white on white.

I have cut pieces for sashing that are white on white. but it's not necessary to use it. only if you want to. Do what you think would look good.

Cre8tvlwyr 01-30-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
blue and white on white.

I have cut pieces for sashing that are white on white. but it's not necessary to use it. only if you want to. Do what you think would look good.

it depends on what the total strip looks like and what look you want. you said background is "blue" and "white on white" - are they individual square parts on blue and then strips of white on white in between? If you have individual sections set apart by white sashing strips then the sections will "float" on a white background. If not, the sections will run together - which isn't a bad thing, sometimes it's preferred, but it all depends on the look you want. If you have all of us add white sashing, and when you get it back it looks like "too much" then you can make the sashing narrower by taking a careful seam in it. This is much easier to do than to add a sash later [and it shouldnt offend anyone - cuz it was your sash :lol: ]

bookworm 01-30-2011 02:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok mine's almost done... Just need to put the last two cats on....

Jennifer22206 01-30-2011 02:28 PM

oh wow - that's really pretty!

Question for everyone - would anyone mind if I sent a thin journal along?

bookworm 01-30-2011 02:28 PM

Go for it if you want. Just keep it light :)

Jennifer22206 01-30-2011 02:30 PM

oh it is super light. maybe 50 pages. Thanks!

Cre8tvlwyr 01-30-2011 03:10 PM

oh wow - that's really pretty!

Question for everyone - would anyone mind if I sent a thin journal along?

I don't mind at all - LOVE even "not so thin" journals... I've used them when my guild has done RRs - some people don't write very much - but me...I'm a talker, so can't shut me up. I include fab swatches sometimes with name if I have it and other ideas for adding stuff, or alternate ways I had thought of making my round or row. It's fun to read what people think about when they see your work or as they decide to design their own ;-) I plan to include one :thumbup:

Jennifer22206 02-14-2011 04:49 AM

Mines finally done! :) YAY!! I scrapped four different ideas. I'm at work right now but I'll snap a picture as soon as I get home tonight so ya'll can see what you'll get to work with!

Cre8tvlwyr 02-14-2011 08:34 AM

Mines finally done! :) YAY!! I scrapped four different ideas. I'm at work right now but I'll snap a picture as soon as I get home tonight so ya'll can see what you'll get to work with!

Well... I know what you mean about scrapping ideas! I probably shouldve scrapped this one as it is taking WAAYY too much time, but as many new ideas I thought of - I kept comin back to this one. Not too many worries - I go on "quilt retreat" with my guild this Thursday and am determined to get it done by midnight tomorrow if not in the mail already. My all handwork applique has become a myriad of different methods of attaching fabric to fabric. I took a background only pic earlier this weekend that I'll post in a while and then show you the full scene/row tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to seeing yours Jenn - I have had lots of nautical ideas for you --and I guess I'm last to work on it :-P