Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011 Group 4 - Coastal Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011-group-4-coastal-quilters-t85103.html)

Jennifer22206 02-21-2011 08:12 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Crap - I forgot to post pictures before. This is mine. :)

Me Standing up trying to get a good shot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137070[/ATTACH]

Close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137104[/ATTACH]

Next 2 blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137249[/ATTACH]

Last block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137406[/ATTACH]

The journal I sent. It explains the anchor fabric and why it's so important to me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138028[/ATTACH]

The labels. Just pick one please when it's your turn to get my row and sign it! I'll take the one that's leftover
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138178[/ATTACH]

bookworm 02-21-2011 11:10 AM

Ahhhh ok I see what you ment by the background was white and blue now

Cre8tvlwyr 02-21-2011 11:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok ladies..... the quicker I try to go the behinder I get...too many oars in the boat or i it irons in the fire??? or is it UFOs in the closet [actually my closet overfloweth...

No - not done with my row quite yet although I really really will be - you all have my word I will finish yours with quality and on time!!!
I did send Jenn an email about my predicament. Was at my guild's quilting retreat these last 4 days and really intended to work on this but had to get a one-yr old quilt done asap to go to New Hamp this week [no not finished and no pics...] because got sidetracked starting on my daughter's falconry quilt she [29] was complaining that I keep starting new projects and when was it her turn so I figured I'd surprise her with the start since she has been in such pain for 5yr now...
below I've added her unfinished owl and the background and plans of my row... yep it WILL arrive in February - you have my full permission to do minimal stuff in your row since I messed up with my lack of timing :(

background of my row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158364[/ATTACH]

first part to have butterflies in air and flowers on fence based on Edyta Sitar
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158365[/ATTACH]

last section from same book as mid
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158865[/ATTACH]

mid section - book downstairs ???name
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159216[/ATTACH]

sorry - should have lightened the photo...fused Owl - will embellish, paint eyes, add more fusing to make "real"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160135[/ATTACH]

Jennifer22206 02-21-2011 12:10 PM

Cre8tvlwyr - would you mind if I started on your row now.. I have an idea, and just send me your finished row when you get it done? I have the perfect idea for "birds, butterflies and flowers" and as long as I can do one whole strip of fabric that's 12.5x60.5 I'll be good to go.. seeing your row right now has totally inspired me. I'm gonna get sketching.

Bookworm - I'm not 100% sure I'm in love with my row, but I had to use the fabrics. My father was a commercial lobster fisherman, and he died in 2007, and we were so close. I explained it all in the journal that you should be getting any day now (I was a day or two late in mailing we had stupid flooding).

bookworm 02-21-2011 12:20 PM

No worries Jennifer I was just trying to think what to start for your row

Cre8tvlwyr 02-21-2011 01:00 PM

[quote=Jennifer22206]Cre8tvlwyr - would you mind if I started on your row now.. I have an idea, and just send me your finished row when you get it done? I have the perfect idea for "birds, butterflies and flowers" and as long as I can do one whole strip of fabric that's 12.5x60.5 I'll be good to go.. seeing your row right now has totally inspired me. I'm gonna get sketching. ..]

oh please - go for it!!! that will make me feel much less guilty :oops: :-D :thumbup: I also will be sending strips of green sashing -- it's a deep green batik that will do well at setting apart different sewing styles and ideas. Thanks :)

Cre8tvlwyr 02-24-2011 12:47 PM

Just got your row in the mail Lillie :thumbup: :-) yay!!! I've got many of those same fabrics... gotta get those wheels turnin and churnin and wait for the :idea: to strike. I will take a picture - unless you dont want me to - before and after adding the next row.

I'm thinkin - another group doesnt want to post beyond the first row - it matters not to me at all but maybe everyone that wants to be surprised should let us know??
there isnt much posted on our thread..... :oops: I know what to expect w/ bookworm and Jennifer22206 but nobody else :wink: :?:

Jennifer22206 02-24-2011 05:16 PM

I'd love to see my row become a quilt. I'd like progress shots

darkcloud 03-02-2011 10:29 AM

I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can. I took pictures of my row before I sent it off, but I cannot find the adapter I use to get the pictures on to my computer :(

bookworm 03-02-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I'd love to see my row become a quilt. I'd like progress shots

I did receive yours