Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011-group-6-a-t85982.html)

Qbee 06-28-2011 06:12 PM

Great....that's what I thought it meant :D
I am sorry I'm late again Elaine....been a WILD month between being in the hospital, starting a new job and mom's memorial. I'm feeling a ton better and glad to have Mom's service behind me for sure. Work unfortunately is still driving me a bit crazy with VERY long days but I'm just so glad to have a job finally.
I'll be sending the star row either tomorrow or Thursday depending on work schedule. I've really enjoyed working on it. I'll le you know when it goes in the post. Oh....I'll also post pictures before I send it. I'll also post pictures of Pam's row when I get it from FQ Stash Queen :D

Originally Posted by pamesue
"sampler" means any type of block....there are quilt patterns that are called samplers....and really all it is is different blocks......

I really am not looking for anything fancy...just a nice quilt made by friends that I have met on line...

That is what I am looking for, so have fun with it. Look at the web site below...that should help you to know what a sampler is

http://www.blockcentral.com/bom2010-intro.shtml

Nancy in Louisiana 06-29-2011 08:26 AM

Well no wonder I've been struggling so much lately doing blocks -- eye doctor just confirmed I had cataracts and need the new lenses they do with cataract surgery. Going to Texas July 11 for further eval and I hope scheduling. Between that and a 3-week trip to Rochester in August, may be a bit behind this round. Just warning y'all.

TFquilter 06-29-2011 09:08 PM

That's okay Qbee...I understand, you can only do what you can do, stuff happens...you have had a lot happen, so just let me know when you mail it off and will be waiting for the pictures....:)

FQ Stash Queen 07-02-2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Well no wonder I've been struggling so much lately doing blocks -- eye doctor just confirmed I had cataracts and need the new lenses they do with cataract surgery. Going to Texas July 11 for further eval and I hope scheduling. Between that and a 3-week trip to Rochester in August, may be a bit behind this round. Just warning y'all.

No problem, I already know what I'm doing for a few of the blocks and can start it without having the quilt.

pamesue 07-05-2011 08:10 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Nancy - I will be mailing you the next row quilt (which belongs to Cherie). I have it finished, so instead of just holding on to it, I am mailing it today so watch for it.

Gail - I am mailing you the first row I made for you as your extra blocks...you can use or not...totally up to you.

That means I have only one row quilt left to do and that one will be Nancys.

Cherie - I hope that you like the row that I added. I think this top is looking really good!

Hugs

Pam

1st four rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221259[/ATTACH]

left side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221260[/ATTACH]

middle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221262[/ATTACH]

right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221263[/ATTACH]

maine ladybug 07-05-2011 09:33 AM

That is a really cute quilt. Love it!

Nancy in Louisiana 07-05-2011 03:20 PM

Very nice!!!! I can't believe this swap is that close to being done. Uh - at least for y'all.

Qbee 07-06-2011 04:01 AM

OMGosh...that is too cute!! That is going to look SO GREAT in her kitchen!

Originally Posted by pamesue
Nancy - I will be mailing you the next row quilt (which belongs to Cherie). I have it finished, so instead of just holding on to it, I am mailing it today so watch for it.

Gail - I am mailing you the first row I made for you as your extra blocks...you can use or not...totally up to you.

That means I have only one row quilt left to do and that one will be Nancys.

Cherie - I hope that you like the row that I added. I think this top is looking really good!

Hugs

Pam

Qbee 07-06-2011 04:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK.....here is the 3rd row of Nancy's Brite Stars quilt. I haven't sent it yet because I'm having a bit of trouble with the sashing but the row is done. I had attempted to do some paper piece stars that I really like but that didn't work out so I appliqued a "special" star block for the center. I hope you like it!! :)

The bottom row is mine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221650[/ATTACH]

Here is a close up of the center block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221651[/ATTACH]

Nancy in Louisiana 07-06-2011 08:18 AM

OMG -- I LOVE IT!!! It is so bright and cheery. You did a great job on the center block -- fantastic idea, I never would have thought of it. Very clever. I know the kids will be fighting over this one whenever they visit.