Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-a-t197378.html)

Qbee 09-10-2012 02:38 PM

That is the sweetest idea......if I'm in your group I will consider it an honor to work on that quilt :)
Beautiful idea!!

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5504754)
I just had an idea that I am soooooo excited about. I am going to do a bookcase quilt. Dedicated to my mother, that passed a few years back. As a part of my swap, I want to enclose a letter talking about my mother, and i would love it if the people working on it would just design their row using their thoughts as they read it. Is that too much?

ssnare 09-10-2012 02:44 PM

Buslady, that is a good idea. I hope you are in my group.

Qbee 09-10-2012 02:44 PM

Just need 2 or 3 more volunteers to be "Group Leaders" for our fun. It's an easy job; you basically just let me know if there is a problem, question or issue that needs addressed since I will be struggling to watch all the groups. Just to explain, once groups are assigned, each group will start their own thread to post their own questions, pictures, etc.
By the way....only like 4 more days of sign ups and then I will be assigning groups!!! It's getting close :) :) :)

Sauki1 09-10-2012 04:04 PM

I haven't done it before but I read the one you did Qbee and got sort of a feel for it. If you need another volunteer, I can help out as well. :)

MaryLane 09-10-2012 04:48 PM

I can be a contact person as long as it is understood I work 12 hour rotating shifts and it can take close to a full 24 hours for me to reply sometimes.

All of your ideas sound wonderful. I have to make a decision soon. Can't wait to get started. I took a "catching up" vacation this week and haven't sewed a stitch since I left work on Friday morning. Hopefully, tomorrow. My sewing room is a disaster because I let my son take furniture from it for his apartment. Have to find a new normal.

You all seem so organized and ahead of the game. I will have to work to catch up!

TheMamaHauser 09-10-2012 06:27 PM

I will do it for one group (I am guessing I'll be in 2 since I signed up for 2 rows).

Qbee 09-11-2012 01:56 AM

OK folks....we have room for 2 or 3 more people to even out our groups and that is it. If you know anyone who has been thinking about it, tell them to join now :) Also, if anyone else has been thinking of doing a 2nd group, let me know now.
We are going to have SOOOOOOO much fun!!!! Thanks so much to all who have volunteered to be contact people!! :) :)

buslady 09-11-2012 04:50 AM

I want soooo badly to volunteer, but am concerned that I will not do the job justice. DH says I take on too much. I hate it when he is right!! But I love it, and if I were to give up something, I would much rather it be "work" related. LOL Darn jobs, they keep us from doing what we love, when we want to! Seriously, If someone else steps up, please let them have the task, if you are short one, let me know and I will gladly do it!! I can't imagine this would be a huge task!!

Qbee 09-11-2012 07:18 PM

Got another member!! Here is the list as of today:

QBee
Babeyruth (X2)
wanda lou
TheMamaHauser (X2)
Difergie
SazuBMidlands
girlscouts1
roda
Linda58
Krisb
charlottemarie (X2)
debfaye
Mhobbs
Peggiszo
Sauki1
Buslady
MdmSew’n’Sew
Lv2sew2011
AmyB
MistyMarie
Lisa_wanna_B_Quilter
Moonrise
Whigrose
Scrapper (X2)
mimim
Quiltermomma
Tam…Moo
ebellot
ssnare
Areinn
MaryLane
MizMelly
CherylW
RainydayQuilter

If I am missing anyone, please let me know.
This is gonna be so much FUN!!

cuppy 09-12-2012 03:56 AM

I would like to join, count me in if you have room.

Cuppy