Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-a-t197378.html)

roda 08-28-2012 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is last years

Whigrose 08-28-2012 09:27 AM

I've been tossing around ideas for my theme - I'm leaning (falling) toward 'My Sewing Room'.

I can envision appliques of some of my antique machines, dress forms, pin cushions, spools of threads, scissors, mini quilts, sewing machine manufacturer emblems, quilting frames/hoops, and of course a piece block or two.

Yep, think that's gonna be my theme allright.

Hm, which machine shall I start making a fabric copy of? Willcox and Gibbs, the Davis, the...

best,
d

QuilterMomma 08-28-2012 09:50 AM

Do we get to add machine embroidery? I definitely have some sewing machines that would fit in with Whigrose.

Whigrose 08-28-2012 10:00 AM

QM- Does this mean you're in?
My list of ideas is growing - I went from a scrap of paper jotting down my ideas to a full size sheet. I added buttons, pins, knitting needles & yarn and machine oiling points to my list.

Can you say excited? I can't wait to start on my row. First I have to shut my mind off. :-) No wonder we connect.

best,
d

QUOTE=QuilterMomma;5474384]Do we get to add machine embroidery? I definitely have some sewing machines that would fit in with Whigrose.[/QUOTE]

girlscouts1 08-28-2012 10:01 AM

This Quilt is beautiful!!! What a great theme! I was thinking of a Mary Poppins theme? Love Mary and have wanted to make one.... I am thinking of having her in the sky with her umbrella, WE could add kites, merry go rounds, penquins, chimney sweeps, bird lady, a bank, one man band, chalk paintings.... what do you think?

Originally Posted by roda (Post 5474186)
This is last years

QuilterMomma 08-28-2012 10:04 AM

Sent in a pm with a question first. I just don't know for sure what I would do and what theme I would want to do. I have to use up a UFO if I do. The only round that will be a challenge is the first and that one is mine. I am running short on my total of UFOs this month since I have been doing the large ones so have to watch time and then I am speaking at the quilt show in October and have nothing done on that yet. I know, I have until December 1 to complete. Thinking though, thinking real hard. I could fill a couple of themes real easy, snowmen and your sewing theme one for sure, could even do the farm one with ease.

Scrapper 08-28-2012 10:50 AM

This sounds like a lot of fun.......I dont know anything about a RR but I'm willing to jump in and give it a try.....

com'on QM you know you want to......:D

I'm sending my PM to QBee......

Difergie 08-28-2012 10:56 AM

What great ideas being shown! Keep them coming.

QuilterMomma 08-28-2012 01:04 PM

I did just finish that round robin quilt that was started last year in April. When Qbee lets me know the answer to my question, will decide then.

QuilterMomma 08-28-2012 01:53 PM

Oh alright, I will join in. Yep, there goes me saying I am not doing any more swaps until I get my UFOs done. This will have to be a mixer in for me and I am going to see how I can utilize something out of my UFOs to apply here. So that will be my challenge. I won't start until september or October but will meet the mailing deadline on time.