Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-10-a-t200782.html)

ssnare 12-12-2012 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I cut it down to 12 1/2" tall. It did not look good when I attached everything. I can now say that I am finished with your row Yvonne. Here it is. The background is all gray, even though it looks brownish in the picture. I hope you like the finished product.

mimim 12-12-2012 03:41 PM

I love it, Sherry---very creative!

Wonnie 12-12-2012 06:06 PM

It's GORGEOUS!!! Love it! Isn't it too cool how it all comes together????????? And I forgot to mention before, there's no need for me to do any french knots for the eyes or doorknob...it looks fine just the way it is!

wanda lou 12-14-2012 10:16 PM

wow that is stunning.

Wonnie 12-16-2012 04:39 PM

Girls, if you don't get the Missouri Star Quilt Co. newsletter and daily deal you may want to check them out on Facebook. I applique but I learned through a book and a LOT was by trial and error and I don't do all the cool circles and points, etc. well and, if they turn out well, it was an accident!!!! She has a 4 part video with Jan Patek (the queen of applique) showing just how to do all those intricate things. If any one's interested they have videos through part 3 now available and the last part should be out tomorrow..... ALL FREE !!! There just aren't enough hours in the day.........!!!

MaryLane 12-17-2012 08:25 AM

That is super cute! I have to rethink my plan now.

Checking in to say I am still here. Yesterday was my birthday and we had a near miss. Our first grandchild was born at 10:12 p.m. the night before! He, of course, is adorable. Watching his daddy be a daddy is even more adorable.

Merry Christmas, girls! I hope you and your loved ones have a safe and joyous Christmas.

Mary

mimim 12-17-2012 10:53 AM

MaryLane,
Aww-congratulations, GM!
As I've posted before, I think the best thing about becoming a GM is seeing your own child's face light up when he sees that baby---because now he knows what you felt for him.

Also, Happy Birthday!
I'm almost finished with your 3rd block. I know what I want to do with the other 2, but being pretty much a novice, I've got to figure out how to make it look like what's in my mind. I've been learning some things by trial and error while making your blocks, which is one of my goals in doing this project. I'll post a picture when I'm further along.
Now go love on that new baby!
Barbara

Wonnie 12-17-2012 05:38 PM

Congratulations Mary...what a wonderful Christmas present and Happy belated Birthday, too! And a very merry and safe Christmas to all. I wish you all much joy and happiness.
Yvonne

ssnare 12-22-2012 08:05 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

jclinganrey 12-23-2012 06:24 AM

Mary - - -

Belated happy birthday & congrats on your grandson.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Jane