Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-10-a-t200782.html)

mimim 09-24-2012 04:09 AM

It's fine with me to change your square size.

Wonnie 09-24-2012 05:03 AM

Just remind me down the road. Ten months from now I'll probably forget.

ssnare 09-24-2012 06:54 AM

I will send a note if this turns out that everyone is ok with it.

jclinganrey 09-24-2012 01:28 PM

Sherry - 13 1/2" is fine with me. I agree with Yvonne - - - please remind me - - -

As long as we're asking for slight adjustments, would it be okay with the group if I ask that you NOT sew your blocks together? I know this is a ROW robin. I would really prefer to set all the blocks ON POINT and cannot do so if the blocks are sewn into a row. It would also allow me more 'creative latitude'. Heck! I might even add alternate setting blocks. It just depends on how all the blocks 'play' together. What does everyone think? As Sherry said, I will abide by the groups' decision.

Yvonne - - - I found a pattern that I think will go well with your idea. At least, I certainly hope so! I'm anxious to see your blocks!

Jane

ssnare 09-24-2012 02:12 PM

JC that is ok with me. I think if we have a special request and it is not too hard on anyone, we need to send that info in a note or little notebook with our row. Then, it will remind each of us as we are working on that particular row. I belong to the CRAFT club! (Can't remember a fricken thing). LOL. ;)

ssnare 09-24-2012 02:17 PM

JC what is the pattern of? I want to see, please. Are there anymore patterns similar to that one? Inquirring minds want to know.

mimim 09-24-2012 03:57 PM

Jane, it's fine with me to leave the blocks unsewn.

Hey, I belong to the CRAFT club, too!

Wonnie 09-24-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 5538428)
Sherry - 13 1/2" is fine with me. I agree with Yvonne - - - please remind me - - -

As long as we're asking for slight adjustments, would it be okay with the group if I ask that you NOT sew your blocks together? I know this is a ROW robin. I would really prefer to set all the blocks ON POINT and cannot do so if the blocks are sewn into a row. It would also allow me more 'creative latitude'. Heck! I might even add alternate setting blocks. It just depends on how all the blocks 'play' together. What does everyone think? As Sherry said, I will abide by the groups' decision.

Yvonne - - - I found a pattern that I think will go well with your idea. At least, I certainly hope so! I'm anxious to see your blocks!

Jane

I'm doing a single row, Jane, as I see it in my mind's eye at the moment ... 12 1/2" x 60" but I may get another brain storm within the next 3 months before I have to send it on. But, either way, blocks will work perfectly well because it will just continue on with the "Neighborhood at Dusk" theme....It will just look like a ... duh! neighborhood! I mean we all live on different streets, do different things, see different things, have different interests,etc. So, just enjoy yourself with it. Okay?

Wonnie 09-24-2012 04:13 PM

Oh, yes, I forgot to answer your question ... no, I don't mind in the least if you want your blocks to be separate as opposed to joined. 'On point" sounds cool! I know you said any color would be fine as long as it was a 30's print. Is there any quilt block you absolutely do not like or do we have carte blanche?

ssnare 09-24-2012 07:42 PM

I think Jane means not to sew her blocks together for her top only. Yvonne, I found some nea pictures for the neighborhood. I hope it does not have to be buildings. I do landscape oil paintings and I saw some beach and mountain scenes and people scenes, I would like to try. Of course, I have never done a landscape quilt or row or block for that matter. LOL. But I can invision them at dusk. I hope I can pull this off. This will definitely be a challenge. It sounds like you want some applique in your quilt.