Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-3-a-t200774.html)

buslady 01-15-2013 02:23 PM

I can mail mine any time now. Signed up for the USPS on line, so maybe it will be easier than trying to get to the po. I like that I can play with the delivery type to find the cheepest way before I box it and seal it. Shall I post a picture before I post? I really cannot remember what was decided. Don't remember when the mailing date was either. I'm an 11th hour person, so I am doing good to have it done now. Now someone tell me I wasn't supposed to mail last week. LOL I can't wait afor the snowmen to be at my house. I will find something cute to add!! I think there are some cats that should be coming at some point that I think will be fun. Also, anxious to see what is done with my memory quilt. Fun fun fun!!!

MizMelly 01-16-2013 01:39 PM

Don't quote me on this, but I think we were all OK with seeing photos of our rows??
And we're supposed to mail by Feb 1st. I'm working on my blocks this week and also over the 3 day MLK weekend, so will be able to mail by the 25th (when I get paid again).
Wait til you see what I'm doing with your memory quilt, Buslady. I "cherry picked" phrases and comments out of your lovely tribute to your mother, so I think you'll get a kick out of my interpretations. I do tend to be literal with my blocks! And I will take pics!!!

charlottemarie 01-17-2013 11:28 AM

Tam...Moo I love those snowpeople. Thank you so much! I still have changes to my row Yours is beautiful.

MizMelly 01-20-2013 12:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's my row for Buslady's quilt!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389474[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]389475[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]389476[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]389477[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]389478[/ATTACH]

charlottemarie 01-20-2013 01:17 PM

I love those also! Way to go! It's okay if you post pictures if the person doesn't mind. I'd ask first.

buslady 01-21-2013 05:55 AM

Wowza!! I love it, MizMelly!! I Received the rows from Tam-Moo and can't wait to get started on my snowmen!! I am curious, do you want us to stay with aplique? Or would you like us to switch and use other methods, as well. As I look at it, I think it would not look right if there is only one row that isn't applique. I only ask because I have some fabric that is printed that I would like to incorporate, but not at the expense of the look you are going for. Please advise!!

buslady 01-21-2013 06:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here it is!! The blues match better to the naked eye. I was amazed at how bright the camera made that blue stripe!! It didn't appear that bright to the naked eye.

MizMelly 01-21-2013 07:04 AM

Glad you liked my blocks, Buslady! It was way fun to read your narrative and then interpret it into quilt blocks! Looks like I'm getting Tam-Moo's next!! Another fun one to work on!! I'm really enjoying this swap, everyone has such great ideas and creativity! I will mail my set on to Rainyday Quilter on Friday (payday!). I'm also planning on doing taxes next weekend too (groan). We can't file until the 30th, so I saw no reason to rush and torture myself beforehand. Too bad, I can use my return (if I'm getting one) since there is a huge crafts and sewing show in Phoenix on the 31st-2nd and I always go. Looking for more inspiration!!

charlottemarie 01-21-2013 07:37 PM

Buslady, I really would prefer applique on my snowpeople. I like embroidery by machine, but I don't think it would match up with the others. Thanks for asking.

buslady 01-22-2013 11:25 AM

Will do!!! I think that is best, IMHO, That is going to be a spectacular quilt!! And I really do like to applique. I both hand and machine applique. It will depend on what kind of time I have, and how much!! LOL Thanks for ggetting back to me so quickly.